ffl dealer rant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What are LCP's going for nowadays?

Ouch! Paying $499 for Glock Gen 3's seems kind of high. Gen 4's are selling for approx. $529.

Last year, I bought my Glock 23 3rd gen new in Lawton for $420 and my Glock 19 3rd gen new for about $399. A week and a half ago, Uncle Sam's was still selling a new Glock 23 gen 3 for $419, And new LCP's for $280. If I remember right, LC 9's were $329. I was sure tempted to trade my LCP for one... but the LC 9 won't pop into a front jeans pocket like the LCP will... and with Open Carry coming in November.. I decided I'd rather carry my Glock 19 instead of a LC 9.

Uncle Sam's is where I bought my LCP.. and I also bought a CT laser for the LCP and my Glock 19 / 23 back when the company was offering $50 rebates... only $120 each after rebate.

I believe the Gen 4 Glock 19's & 23's police specials were $424.. for LEO and military retirees.

Hi-Point 9mm's for $179 and H-P .45's for $189.

Some dealers [especially the older ones] deliberately set their gun prices high by as much as $100 so they can dicker & trade. George's Guns in Vernon, TX is like that. If your interested in a gun, but complain about the price.. he usually asks... 'Well, you got anything to trade?' If they do, he can give them a 'good deal' by making it appear they are getting a lot in exchange for their trade! Works pretty good on buyers who don't know the value of guns. Also, he can offer to include the sales tax in with the price... or else offer to pay shipping to a FFL Dealer in Oklahoma if it will get a buyer off the fence to buy.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where is your store?????
Arnette Knives and Arms, at 750 Cherokee street in Catoosa, We are acually at the northwest corner of Hiway 66 and pine, we are on the backside of the Cherokee Village shopping center facing hiway 66. My number is 918-695-3808 if you need help finding it. Also I am not there until 5-5:30 p.m. during the week but we do have a guy who works for us out there during the day opening about 10:00 a.m. usually closed on saturdays if there is a gunshow nearby. Thanks, D.Alan

dvPete

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a fairly new FFL, so I guess you're talking to me. I don't know how fair this criticism is. And maybe you don't intend to lump us all together. Like superdave said, if you don't like the price or service, buy from another source - and tell us why you're buying elsewhere as it helps us all improve.

I try to price my stuff right around where Buds does - some things are a few $ more, some less. Sometimes there's benefit to paying a few dollars more for local service. And don't forget about sales tax. We have to pay sales tax for all local transactions - so that sometimes makes it difficult to compete with out of state pricing. When we're selling you a gun at $499 out the door that's only about $460 to us - the rest goes to the state.

And sometimes we'd just be stupid not to make a few bucks now and then. I just sold a Shield off my website for $429, which I thought was ridiculously high. But it sold for that + shipping + paypal fees within an hour of my posting it on my website!

That being said, I would not post anything for sale on THIS board that wasn't a good deal...

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
David2012. I am sure Uncle Sams will appreciate you telling everyone he is selling Glocks under MAP pricing. Especially if he gets blacklisted by Glock for that..

Good Going Dude!! YOU ROCK!!!

Remind me never to sell you a new Glock for 499.99 out the door.

You may run and tell it.

MDO

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I havent read all the way through this post, but being a bussiness owner, since the ripe age of 18, i will just say this. Everyone always wants something cheaper, they dont care if they buy it at a flee market of the back of a truck at QT. They dont worry about where it comes from or who is selling it and Im not talking about stolen merchandise, just product in general even from the best of sources. People of course do this to save a buck, but when they save a buck for themselves, they normal then create a local store losing a buck. Then once the local store looses too many "bucks" they have to let an employee go. Then once that employee is let go, then every store they made purchases at loses a buck. If you can follow this pattern it makes a very bad pattern for the local, state, and even national economy.

So i dont care where people buy from, but buy local and buy american. Otherwise your letting someone that lives, cities, states, or countries away make all the profit, while you sit back and wonder why your brother, your aunt, your mom, or your dad, can't find work.

Take that for a rant of the day! Oh and I work in an industry that we are the last manufacturer in the states to make what we make. Everything else went to China and Mexico. Now all the facilities in Mexico have shut down bc $2 hr was way mor expensive than $2 a day for labor. Thousands of jobs and multiple companies cant survive in our industry bc people wouldnt pay 10% more for an american product, bc they dont care where they get it from, as long as they save a "buck".

Latest posts

Top Bottom