Finally found the perfect range bag(pic heavy)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I have been looking for the perfect range bag that would hold all the gear I need for a trip to the range. Large competitor bags run over $100 dollars and I was wanting to stay under that.

Here is a list of what I needed it to do: :rubhands:

Easy to transport
Pockets for plenty of mags
Pockets for some basic tools and cleaning supplies
pockets for shooting glasses
room for a seperate bag for ammo storage
something to put my brass in when finished
large enough to have everything in one place when I take the family with me.
And large enough to carry 6-8 pistols

Now I know you may be thinking that with all those requirements, the first will fall to the way side because all that gear is going to weigh a ton!! Trust me, I know that and that is why I finally have found the perfect range bag and on a budget!!

I have looked at and tried US Peacekeepers medium range bag and it wasn't durable enough to stand up to this task. Had to return because of poor stitching and the replacement was no better. Looked into 5.11 bags, but they appeared to be of the same quality and with a bigger price tag. Looked at NCStar bags and again they all appear to be made by the same manufacturer just with different names and price tags.

Well, I work in the wood working industry and have had all types of bags for transporting drills and tools, and these bags are top notch!! They are sturdy and durable. So I thought, hell I'll just buy a nice tool bag and out fit it with what I need. Below you will see what I came up with and for me and my needs it is PERFECT!! :hyper:

Made by Husky and It is on wheels with a retractable handle. $60.00 :bowdown:
i432.photobucket.com_albums_qq49_rzmwurk_IMG_2077.jpg

Nice side pockets that I keep my .22 conversion kit and mags in. Along with shooting glasses
i432.photobucket.com_albums_qq49_rzmwurk_IMG_2078.jpg

Other side with more glasses and foam ear plugs and sticky target dots
i432.photobucket.com_albums_qq49_rzmwurk_IMG_2079.jpg

Mouth of bag opens up nice and wide for easy access
i432.photobucket.com_albums_qq49_rzmwurk_IMG_2080.jpg

Second little wide mouth husky bag that I keep ammo in $6.00
and as you can see plenty of pockets for mags!!
i432.photobucket.com_albums_qq49_rzmwurk_IMG_2081.jpg

Room left in the bottom for some small pistol bags
i432.photobucket.com_albums_qq49_rzmwurk_IMG_2082.jpg

Another view of the top of the bag open. Also the large pocket in the front that has the husky on it is where I put all my range brass. It has about 200 rounds in it right now and isn't even half full!!
i432.photobucket.com_albums_qq49_rzmwurk_IMG_2083.jpg

This is the padded zip up mat that is laying in the top of my bag. Holds 2 fullsize pistols nicely.
i432.photobucket.com_albums_qq49_rzmwurk_IMG_2084.jpg

So all in all I have:
$60 for the range bag
$6 for the ammo bag
$10 for 2 small pistol cases
$3 for another husky large document bag(not shown) that I keep misc. springs, pins, ect...
$6 for the padded 2 pistol case/mat

$85 for it all!! This is cheaper than any large range bag I have found and I don't have to shoulder it!!!

The build quality of this stuff is top notch. All the material and stitching is heavy duty and made to stand up to the abuse of job sites. This is by far the nicest setup I think I could have come up with and that meets all of my needs in a bag.

If this was a range bag setup, I guarantee you would pay in excess of $200, just because it is marketed as such.

If you decide to use this idea I only charge a $10 finders fee!!:wave:

So what do you think!!

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You clearly don't shoot on the gravel-filled crappy WMA ranges that I shoot at - I couldn't use a wheeled bag like that unless the wheels were much larger.

However, you've got me thinking...

Sam Shoun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cool find. I've been using a walmart tool bag (Stanley?) I got for $20 for just over a year now, and it has performed perfectly. However, as I'm doing more multi-gun instead of just pistol, I keep thinking I need something bigger. This may be the solution.

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sam Shoun said:
Cool find. I've been using a walmart tool bag (Stanley?) I got for $20 for just over a year now, and it has performed perfectly. However, as I'm doing more multi-gun instead of just pistol, I keep thinking I need something bigger. This may be the solution.

It works great, you could even alter some of the internal pockets for AR mags, but it has four pockets on the outside that will hold 2 AR mags each. A can also strap my AR bag to the handle with one end propped on top of the bag.

Bigjoe.45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The thing I like best about this setup is that if you were to have to leave it in a vehicle for a very short time (very, very short mind you) it would look like a tool bag instead of a range bag. Also, you could roll that into an office building and nobody would even look at it!!! I'm in.

Latest posts

Top Bottom