Finally got my wife interested in shooting.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weatherby

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
That's great. My wife made the transformation long ago, but she is pregnant and the Dr says no shooting while pregnant. She's not too happy about it.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
21 years ago my wife went shooting with me when she was 4 or 5 months along. You could tell she was with child but wasn't huge. She popped one round from a .357, turned around with a scowl on her face and said "that was not cool, no more shooting for me till I have this child". She said the baby jumped so hard it scared her. I didn't shoot any more that day either. We just went home. Creeped us out a little. I don't recommend shooting anything more than a .22 if a woman is expecting. Not even that if the baby is jumping at every shot.

Ride Da Fire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's good to hear, it's always better to have another person who can shoot in the house. My wife used to think guns are dangerous and she wouldn't touch it. Well I took her to H&H gun range and let her shoot it under Steve Dill instructed. Now she loves to shoot and she actualy shot much better than before. 4'11 100lbs shoot 9mm, .40, .45, .308, .223. :) oh she has her own AR too ahhaha

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
No shooting when pregnant is probably because of the noise and the infant. It can increase stress levels which increases cortisol levels (which affects a whole host of developmental things), decrease placental blood flow and in THEORY might predispose one to problems.

Is any of this proven? I dunno, I don't wanna be the one to run a study about adverse fetal effects on a bunch of pregnant women. How 'bout going out to ask women if they mind running experiments with loud noises on their growing babies?

I don't... but it's just a precaution is my guess. I wouldn't take my wife shooting when she was pregnant.

trammell_1989

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I took the wife to the pasture this weekend and she didnt like it one bit. We shot 9mm, .380, and .40 . My 10 year old brother fresh from football practice in pads and everything loved shooting all 3.

grizzly97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No shooting when pregnant is probably because of the noise and the infant. It can increase stress levels which increases cortisol levels (which affects a whole host of developmental things), decrease placental blood flow and in THEORY might predispose one to problems.

Is any of this proven? I dunno, I don't wanna be the one to run a study about adverse fetal effects on a bunch of pregnant women. How 'bout going out to ask women if they mind running experiments with loud noises on their growing babies?

I don't... but it's just a precaution is my guess. I wouldn't take my wife shooting when she was pregnant.

Very interesting. Never woulda thought babies could get stressed out while in the wumb (i can't spell lol). Thanks for the info tRdoc.

Latest posts

Top Bottom