Finally watched "True Grit"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know who has range? Jean Claude Van Damme. Him and Steven Seagal... definitely Seagal.

These guys have nothing on Schwarzenegger. I mean from Kindergarten Cop to cyborg with a heart of gold, the dude is unmatchable.

'Ol Sly must be not be forgotten either.

Masterful.

Last edited by a moderator:

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As a young'in I'm still a fan of certain Wayne movies, True Grit and McLintock being amongst the top of the list. The Quiet Man and The Shootist being excellent too. That being said, the remake does edge out the original movie by a nose.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
These guys have nothing on Schwarzenegger. I mean from Kindergarten Cop to cyborg with a heart of gold, the dude is unmatchable.

'Ol Sly must be not be forgotten either.

Masterful.
Epic. I just got a little teary eyed. I hope they went with Hawk & Son, because Son & Hawk just sounds silly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The original True Grit was a big deal in its time and I really liked it. Part of the big deal to many folks was The Duke's "Frankly My Dear" line when he told Ned's bunch "Fill your hands...!" I just think the new movie is better - more authentic locations/scenery, clothing, firearms, etc. My favorite scene is Rooster kicking the crap out of the NDN kids for tormenting the mules at McAlester's store.

Cedar Creek

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A good example of that is Dwight Yoakam playing Doyle in Sling Blade. You know he's killing the part when you forget you're even watching Dwight Yoakam.

EXCELLENT example. And what a fantastic movie Slingblade is. I really think Yoakam was so good in it that we should have seen more movies with him in them.

Maverick21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think people go into watching remakes like this with their mind set on whether they're going to like it or not. If you're a big John Wayne fan then you're probably not going to like it as much since, surprise, he's not in it (or alive). I thought it was a great movie, and I've seen the original, but don't be surprised when it's not the Duke acting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom