Finally!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was in school I ate the fatty cheeseburgers, hot dogs, corn dogs, pizza, frito chili pie and so on... hell I still do. Guess what? I'm not fat! Do you know why? I got my lazy ass out of the house and exercised, played outside, ran around and so on. It's not so much as to what they're eating as to burning off the calories they're taking in. Back in the day there was no "opting" out of P.E. You went to class and did physical activity. In order to be in shape and not obese, you must exercise in some fashion. Eating well along side that definitely helps, but that alone doesn't solve the problem.

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Of course we shouldn't ban all foods,,,
That's a specious argument at best.

But the kids have a federally guaranteed right to a public education,,,
And it just makes sense to ban homemade goodies from school,,,
You can always have cupcakes made at a bakery instead,,,
You simply have to comply with the school rules,,,
The cafeterias will make goodies upon request,,,
And for a small fee of course.

To a mother who wants cupcakes for her kids class,,,
It's a mere inconvenience.

For a child with a peanut allergy,,,
It could easily be a matter of life and death.

Aarond

Oops sorry I forgot to add the smiley face, was just kidding. :) I have had some home made cooking that banned or not was not fit to eat. :)

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
in edmond we have people coming in on sundays and/or working overtime to prepare some of the ridiculous food guidelines by mrs. obama

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The article indicated to me that it's not about nutrition, but about money, and that since Ms. Obama is behind it, it must be bad.

Our kids are getting, collectively, fatter and fatter. I wonder how many, on Saturday morning, are out playing in the pretty weather, and how many are doing what I am doing--sitting on my ass in front of a screen. Actually they are on smart phones, but you get the picture.

Kyle78

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember a time when the lunch ladies actually COOKED food, not warmed it up or dropped it in a deep fryer.
By the time I got into highschool, every thing was processed nugget/deep fried/warmed up CRAP. Tasted like CRAP and was unhealthly.
The Student Body bitched so much, they gave us a salad bar, which 90% of the students and teachers ate off of.
I can't believe people are bitching about having to serve healthier foods or having the lunch ladies do actual COOKING!
I don't like Obama and dang sure not his wife, but when have we gotten so lazy as to feed our children pre-processed chicken by products and pink slime burgers.
I say we hire some good ol' Country mom and grannies to fix this situation ASAP.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That was the one policy from the White House that I could get behind,,,
People hate the Obama's so much that they reject everything,,,
This was the one issue (although politically motivated),,,
That Michelle could do that "should" receive kudos.

The meals being served to kids in our schools are atrocious,,,
They might as well franchise the service to Mickey-D's.

But it's a money problem all around,,,
Serve healthy meals and it costs more,,,
Serve healthy meals and schools lose money on waste,,,
Give the students what they want and they will only buy fast food,,,
Make the meals the responsibility of the parents and they send junk food anyways.

In this day and age our high schools should get out of the lunch business anyways,,,
But I know if they did there would be many kids starving out there,,,
Even back in the 50's & 60's I knew too many kids,,,
Whose only decent meal was the school lunch.

It's a miasma of waste,,,
Much like our entire public school system.

Aarond

Latest posts

Top Bottom