Find out if your legislators support open carry and SteveRussell's SB 1092

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flybeech

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Attached is a copy of SB 1092, which is the bill to permit open carry in the state of Oklahoma. Please use the tool in the link below to find your legislators and contact them any way you can, encourage their support of Senator Steve Russell's SB 1092 and see if they will tell you their position.

http://newlsb.lsb.state.ok.us/

Lay your cursor on Legislators, select Find My Legislator, then enter your location and go from there. Please send each legislator an email, letter, call, fax, or smoke signal. If you can, please report back on this thread indicating their response. I'm hoping we can find out who supports the bill and who needs more attention.

SB 1092 : http://www.scribd.com/doc/78885861/Oklahoma-Open-Carry-SB-1092

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So - according to the proposed law we have to get permission from someone certified by the NRA willing to say we know how to shoot and can do it safely. :bowdown:

<shakes head in wonderment and awe - wanders off trying mightly to keep lunch down>

VladdDImpaler

Marksman
Reaction score
I'm all for passing open carry, but not if there is going to be red tape to cut through in order to do so. Personally, I'm tired of bills that define carrying a firearm as a privilege. I know it's a long shot, but I'd like to see a bill that attempts to make carrying a firearm legal without me having to ask for permission from some recognized officiant in order to do so. I just want to be able to do it.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The last time this happened, Scott Inman voted FOR it, knowing full well that Brad Henry would veto it. Then, when they had a vote to override the veto, he voted AGAINST it. He is NOT for open carry regardless of what he says but that won't stop me from haranguing him about it and I hope others from Del City apply pressure to him as well.

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe you should contact them and tell them not to support this bill and give us a real open carry bill. I for one am tired of people willing to settle for these BS bills that keep being introduced. Not one of us should support this watered down open carry bill.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't see what is so bad about this bill. At least I don't have to take some arbitrary test administered by OSBI to see if I can fill out a form to their satisfaction. How hard is it to get an instructor to certify that I know how to handle a firearm, and that I have been told what the rules are?

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe you should contact them and tell them not to support this bill and give us a real open carry bill. I for one am tired of people willing to settle for these BS bills that keep being introduced. Not one of us should support this watered down open carry bill.

Well what should we do then? Some of us are tired of waiting on the "perfect" bill to be put forward that restores ALL our rights in full. You know that's NEVER gonna happen without us marching up to the capitol with plenty of tar and feathers. Either way, here's my proposed phone call: "Hi, I'm a constituent in your district and I support open carry and you should vote for this bill even though it doesn't restore ALL of our carry rights in full because you're too busy trying to see what corrupt piece of the action you can get by voting against it the way you did last time. But I'm willing to take my rights peace-meal because we're tired of waiting on scrotum-less meat puppets with neckties such as yourself to actually do what's right and protect our rights under the Constitution. Thanks, Scumbag."

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well what should we do then? Some of us are tired of waiting on the "perfect" bill to be put forward that restores ALL our rights in full. You know that's NEVER gonna happen without us marching up to the capitol with plenty of tar and feathers.

Pick a day. Get at least 2 people from every district. Fill the galleries. Knock on doors until the paint has worn through. Tell them we won't be satisfied with anything less than Constitutional carry. Make sure they understand that an attempt at anything less, and especially no attempt at all, will result in a vote for the challenger.

Two people from every district would be 296 people. That's two hundred ninety-six people hammering home that the Right to Keep and Bear Arms shall not be infringed. I'm sure we have at least one person from each House district, plus another from each Senate district, on this forum. That's 148 people. They just have to find one friend that agrees and will go to the Capitol with them. Two friends makes 444 people. Three makes 592.

Get four from every district, and the Capitol can be occupied for a whole week on a rotation.

While I doubt that we will ever get the perfect bill, you have to be smart about what you are willing to compromise. This bill is far too much of a compromise.

OldCurlyWolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No need for me to look. Both Rice and McAffrey are scum sucking bottom dweller democrats. I have followed them and they are always on the wrong side on bills of any nature which might be supported by anyone who is even slightly conservative.

Latest posts

Top Bottom