Senate Bill 566 allowing outfitters access to public land hunting areas.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's a breach of the state constitution.
So, therefore it was dead before it was ever voted on but Stitt was the only one smart enough to know that. I knew it too but I wasn't voting.
It had not a snowballs chance, period.
And so it was.
Explain how it was a breach of the state constitution when it passed the house and senate? Please cite the state law that would make it so.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Explain how it was a breach of the state constitution when it passed the house and senate? Please cite the state law that would make it so.
Lol, do your homework Dennis.
It would good to read the constitution and your retired so that should make an excellent pass time.
Hint, it's unconditional for anyone to profit from the used of public wilderness or hunting lands.
You act like our law makers never pass **** that it unconditional?
Do u live under a rock dude?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lol, do your homework Dennis.
It would good to read the constitution and your retired so that should make an excellent pass time.
Hint, it's unconditional for anyone to profit from the used of public wilderness or hunting lands.
That's why the legislature passed it right? They are in the business of passing laws that are unconstitutional? Had Stitt signed it, it would have became law. Big thing no?
Care to post the citation in state law?
Hint: some retiree's don't sit on their arse around the computer all day. Some have a life.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's why the legislature passed it right? They are in the business of passing laws that are unconstitutional? Had Stitt signed it, it would have became law. Big thing no?
Care to post the citation in state law?
Hint: some retiree's don't sit on their arse around the computer all day. Some have a life.
Coming from the leader in OSA post counts, i find that amusing. I'm not gonna argue about it anymore, it was on the news and the reporter quoted Stitt saying it was against the states constitution and the legislators overlooked that or something. Yes had he signed it, it woulda became law but you know good and well, the supreme Court overturns laws all the times that are passed in conflict with constitution and it would have been shitcaned. .come on, I'm giving you the benifit of doubt here, I'm even quoting political scientist Chad Alexander off the 5:00 news on KOCO news radio.
Go look it up. Your up at 4:00 am posting so some state constitution education should be forthcoming with a cup of coffee.

Last edited:

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are in the business of passing laws that are unconstitutional?
The legislature has passed quite a bit of legislation over the last decade that has been struck down by the state courts for being in violation of the state constitution. So, yeah, they are apparently in the business of passing laws that are unconstitutional.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It goes through the house, Senate, and governor for a reason. The process played out as it was designed . And in the case it doesn't work like it did, we have the supreme Court. @CHenry was spot on

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is the reply I got. It's immensely simple in why he vetoed it, and how it got passed out of the senate is beyond me. But evidently those greased palms pass anything...

Thank you for contacting me regarding Senate Bill 566. I followed this legislation closely and listened to the voices of Oklahomans across the state regarding this measure.

Senate Bill 566 would allow private commercial hunting guides to operate on lands managed or owned by the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation. The use of ODWC lands, paid for with fees, monies, or funds, for the monetary gain of private companies is not allowed under the Oklahoma Constitution. This prohibition is recognized in the ODWC’s administrative rules, which include a general prohibition on the operation of private or non-departmental business on any ODWC managed lands.

In addition, significant portions of ODWC managed lands are not ODWC owned and are thus subject to specific terms of the applicable agreements between ODWC and private land owners. Senate Bill 566’s mandate to allow private commercial hunting guides to operate on ODWC lands may force the department to violate these agreements, which could result in the elimination of an unknown amount of acreage currently available to Oklahomans. For these reasons, I have vetoed Senate Bill 566.

Again, I appreciate your letter and thank you for your continued support. I’m humbled by the trust you placed in me to serve as your governor, and I thank you for your prayers and support.

Sincerely,

J. Kevin Stitt
Governor of Oklahoma

Latest posts

Top Bottom