Senate Bill 566 allowing outfitters access to public land hunting areas.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't forget to contact Governor Stitt about SB-703. It's working its way through the legislature and will prohibit the ODW from purchasing any more WMA's without permission of the legislature.

http://www.oklegislature.gov/BillInf...3&Session=1900

The ODW gets zero money from the legislature for operating money.
The ODW is totally funded from license fees, investment fees from lifetime licenses, and Pittman Robertson rebates from the US government that comes from purchases of sporting equipment. Its a built in tax that comes right back to the wildlife department from the feds.
The legislature doesn't have a clue what the Oklahoma sportsmen/women want. They are only looking at controlling the ODW. We can't let that happen.
Sent Stitt and your legislator comments about why you oppose it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Then I don't know what DH meant. I guess I was right
You said it didn't stand a snowball's chance in hell of going anywhere.
It passed the house and the senate, so evidently it did go somewhere and if not for public input and some internal input from some other folks with a vested interest, Stitt would have signed it.
If it had been associated with pot you would have been all over it. LOL.

Edit: I've read that 260 emails from Oklahoma sportsmen contributed to swaying the Governor's opinion resulting in a veto.

Last edited:

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You said it didn't stand a snowball's chance in hell of going anywhere.
It passed the house and the senate, so evidently it did go somewhere and if not for public input and some internal input from some other folks with a vested interest, Stitt would have signed it.
If it had been associated with pot you would have been all over it. LOL.

Edit: I've read that 260 emails from Oklahoma sportsmen contributed to swaying the Governor's opinion resulting in a veto.
It's a breach of the state constitution.
So, therefore it was dead before it was ever voted on but Stitt was the only one smart enough to know that. I knew it too but I wasn't voting.
It had not a snowballs chance, period.
And so it was.

Latest posts

Top Bottom