Find out if your legislators support open carry and SteveRussell's SB 1092

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know... on one hand it is a step in the right direction... but on the other hand, if we got this passed, it might postpone getting Constitutional Carry passed since it takes such a mighty push to get this gov't to do anything RKBA related. I think we can only generate the momentum for them to pass one major RKBA-type law every decade or so, and they might think that it placates us pro-gun types if they threw us that little bone... hell, it probably WOULD placate a lot of us. So strategically, it might be better to hold out for trying to get full-on Constitutional Carry passed.

I like Veggie's idea about people in every district pestering their state reps. I think we should figure out a good day, and then get as many of us and our friends as possible up at the capitol to talk to our reps about Constitutional Carry.

I will say that if this open carry law passes, I will go around passing out those written permission slips like candy, since I will very shortly be an NRA certified instructor. I will just pass them out with an OSCN printout of all the laws on firearm carry so I can truthfully say that the person has been instructed in OK firearms law.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pick a day. Get at least 2 people from every district. Fill the galleries. Knock on doors until the paint has worn through. Tell them we won't be satisfied with anything less than Constitutional carry. Make sure they understand that an attempt at anything less, and especially no attempt at all, will result in a vote for the challenger.

Two people from every district would be 296 people. That's two hundred ninety-six people hammering home that the Right to Keep and Bear Arms shall not be infringed. I'm sure we have at least one person from each House district, plus another from each Senate district, on this forum. That's 148 people. They just have to find one friend that agrees and will go to the Capitol with them. Two friends makes 444 people. Three makes 592.

Get four from every district, and the Capitol can be occupied for a whole week on a rotation.

While I doubt that we will ever get the perfect bill, you have to be smart about what you are willing to compromise. This bill is far too much of a compromise.

Ya know, that's a damn good idea. Can I bring some tar and feathers anyway?

Alan Frizzell

Marksman
Reaction score
Pick a day. Get at least 2 people from every district. Fill the galleries. Knock on doors until the paint has worn through. Tell them we won't be satisfied with anything less than Constitutional carry. Make sure they understand that an attempt at anything less, and especially no attempt at all, will result in a vote for the challenge

2nd that, Damn good Idea. And maybe while there knock a lettle harder on this guys door http://ok2a.org/action-alert-senato...b049e7407-RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While I'm sure Rep Derby will vote for open carry, I have little faith that Rick Brinkley can be persuaded to stop sucking on the Chamber of Commerce teat long enough to snort at it derisively. :(

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I confronted my Senator at a town meeting he attended in my County seat. I pointed out to him that I had more respect for those who openly say they will not vote for open carry than I do for those who pretend to support it. That those who voted for the bill knowing it would be vetoed then actively worked to suppress a vote on the same bill when the new Governor claimed she would sign it.
I told him that most ordinary citizens know what a lie is and what the person telling it is.

Michael

D

Double Tap

I have to say, I’m NOT a fan of the idea of open carry because of the left. Anytime, ANYTHING happens the left wing nut jobs want to make more gun laws. Being that true “open carry” means that anyone that can but a gun legally should be able to carry one, this leaves to many opportunities for the left ot gain traction in the anti-gun movement. Also, I can tell you that 30% of my CCW students never get their licenses as they cannot afford the rest of the license process and/or cannot get time off work to do the finger prints on the one day a week that their S.O. does SDA finger printing for 2 hours that day. So if the state regulates “open carry” there will eventually another 8 hour class, finger printing and $250 to the state to pay for your “permit”.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have to say, I’m NOT a fan of the idea of open carry because of the left. Anytime, ANYTHING happens the left wing nut jobs want to make more gun laws.

So you don't like open carry because 43 other states (the vast majority of which are more left-leaning than Oklahoma) have had no real problems?

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is a (not comprehensive) list of folks who voted for open carry and then against it, or are in general opposed to open carry.
Try to support their opponents if any of the folks below are still running.

John Auffet (D)
Samson Ray Buck (D)
John Carey (D)
Larry Glenn (D)
Wes Hilliard (D)
Chuck Hoskin (D)
Scott Inman (D)
Ken Luttrell (D)
Wade Rousellot (D)
Jerry Shoemake (D)

Here are their districts (respectively).

86 (Adair, Cherokee, Delaware) (TL: 2016)
49 (Carter, Love, Marshall) (TL: 2020)
21 (Bryan) (TL: 2014)
7 (Delaware, Ottawa) (TL: 2016)
22 (Cleveland, Garvin, McClain, Murray, Pontotoc) (TL: 2016)
6 (Craig, Mayes, Rogers) (TL: 2018)

Last edited:

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is a list of folks who voted for open carry and then against it, or are in general opposed to open carry.
Try to support their opponents if any of the folks below are still running.

John Auffet (D)
Samson Ray Buck (D)
John Carey (D)
Larry Glenn (D)
Wes Hilliard (D)
Chuck Hoskin (D)
Scott Inman (D)
Ken Luttrell (D)
Wade Rousellot (D)
Jerry Shoemake (D)

Here are their districts (respectively).

86 (Adair, Cherokee, Delaware) (TL: 2016)
49 (Carter, Love, Marshall) (TL: 2020)
21 (Bryan) (TL: 2014)
7 (Delaware, Ottawa) (TL: 2016)
22 (Cleveland, Garvin, McClain, Murray, Pontotoc) (TL: 2016)
6 (Craig, Mayes, Rogers) (TL: 2018)

You forgot these people.

Latest posts

Top Bottom