Senate Bill 566 allowing outfitters access to public land hunting areas.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Plain and simple ... MONEY! If an out of state hunter knows nothing of what's available in Oklahoma, but wants the chance to hunt some new ground, hook up with an outfitter and off you go! He has no idea what he's walking into, but some people would be more than happy to take the money and dump you on the ground!
Well anyone going into a hunting deal like this and completely blind to what they are paying for, is an idiot. And idiots will not impact us at all because idiots have no money to spend on a guide.
So your entire post is invalid and my question remains a mystery.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This doesn't haeh a snowballs chance in hell of any traction I don't think.
I can tell by the one running around this thread like their hairs on fire, the same ones that believe gun confiscation is approaching in the next year.
LOL
Carry on.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well anyone going into a hunting deal like this and completely blind to what they are paying for, is an idiot. And idiots will not impact us at all because idiots have no money to spend on a guide.

You sir are underestimating the financial status of MANY idiots that “hunt”. I probably know 50 guys here in TX who would blindly pay stupid money at a chance at an OK “trophy” buck.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree this is FUBAR and needs to not be allowed. But I cant imagine an outfitter wanting to use public land because of the already high numbers of other hunter present at any given time?

As stated in the first post, opening day of deer season on public ground, some outfitter can put any number of hunters in a line with the outfitter and his buddy's putting on a deer drive to move the deer to their hunters.
No matter that a citizen of the state has spent time trying to pattern the deer, figured out their trails to the feeding areas, and so on, only to be thwarted by some unscrupulous outfitter interested in lining their pockets.

For example, two guys walk up to a landowner in western Okla and ask permission to hunt duck or geese in their fields. Landowner says he doesn't mind and gives permission.
The next morning there are a dozen or more hunters put on the property by outfitters with trailers full of decoys slaying the birds for profit.
That happens every day in western Ok.
So, when an average hunter like you and I approach a landowner for permission to hunt the ducks/geese on his fields, we get a door slammed in our face. Landowners aren't stupid. Get screwed once and they don't forget.
Do your part and get this BS stopped.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LOL, You don't have a clue do you? People hire guides because they anticipate they have the inside deal on locations and know where the big trophy buck is located.
I'm sorry to say your entire post is invalid because you don't have a clue about WTF your talking about city boy.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You sir are underestimating the financial status of MANY idiots that “hunt”. I probably know 50 guys here in TX who would blindly pay stupid money at a chance at an OK “trophy” buck.
I suppose I am, I've looked at some hunts in other states but I had a pretty good idea I felt like, of what I was getting for the money.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Found it. Doesn't sound good. It's being placed in final form to be sent to the governor.
From the Oklahoma legislative glossary ...
"Enrollment - the preparation of an exact, accurate and official copy of a measure in its final form in the house of origin, with amendments adopted in the opposite house or in a conference committee and concurred in by the house of origin incorporated in the measure; the final and official copy includes the signatures of the presiding officers of both houses and is sent to the Governor for signature."

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Found it. Doesn't sound good. It's being placed in final form to be sent to the governor.
From the Oklahoma legislative glossary ...
"Enrollment - the preparation of an exact, accurate and official copy of a measure in its final form in the house of origin, with amendments adopted in the opposite house or in a conference committee and concurred in by the house of origin incorporated in the measure; the final and official copy includes the signatures of the presiding officers of both houses and is sent to the Governor for signature."

I just hope enough people have requested the Governor to veto it. It's nothing but a political move to pad someone's pocket that has no regard for the public that utilizes public ground as their only place to hunt.

Latest posts

Top Bottom