Firearms Trust Clause

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okmedic

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This may have been spoken about before but I could not find much info.

I have my Trust pretty well completed but how does one go about including a firearms clause in a Trust. I know there are a number of way to create a Trust specifically for dealing with firearms but is there a simple way to add a clause in the Trust somewhere that includes said weapons I want included? Within my trust is an itemized inventory of personal things I want included, which obviously I am including all of my firearms,weapons, etc..
I am planning on possibly doing an SBR and/or a suppressor or two. Do I simply add these items specifically in the trust or is there more to it?

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate forum for this question so if admin wants to move it to the NFA, then feel free.

Thank you.

okmedic

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm really surprised that someone hasn't posted an NFA style trust template that someone can use to just fill in the blanks with your info, if it's that simple. It seems to me that, after my research about trusts, they aren't that difficult. I just wasn't sure how different the ones for NFA items were.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You could do a blanket one, but most people pay a lawyer to draw them up and if anything happens you have a tiny bit of legal help. It's a risky game trying to do it yourself.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I paid a lawyer. It's good to have someone to call or email with questions and to get things updated with someone with legal acumen to look over. I got Daniel Hensch (@henschman ) to do mine. He did a great job and it wasn't all that high. Couple hundred bucks for the peace of mind for the future.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I paid a lawyer. It's good to have someone to call or email with questions and to get things updated with someone with legal acumen to look over. I got Daniel Hensch (@henschman ) to do mine. He did a great job and it wasn't all that high. Couple hundred bucks for the peace of mind for the future.
I second the recommendation to use Daniel.

Rhino 55

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hensch is a good man! He did mine

Latest posts

Top Bottom