Firewood Needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Yep it is inside a wood insert.
I do draw the line at rail road ties and tires.

My grandmother burned tires and she told me keep all windows and doors shut or you will have a lot of black soot in the house on everything.
All those old coots in my family lived past 93 years old.

First house I grew up in we heated our house with a wood burning stove. My dad burned old telephone poles and old cedar fence posts cause we were poor.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had my friends look for the Asplund guys and tell me where they had cut wood.
My 82 mustang would get it home and I cut it with a bow saw and a hatchet for 2 years. That was my only source of heat.
I usually had $8 in the bank at the end of the month and everything was paid for and we had food in the fridge and cupboards.

I was happy that I had money left over.
Not possible if I bought wood.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kids, cousin and I used to cut and split wood for extra money. We were racing ATC's at the time so the exercise and extra money paid for entry fees and we didn't need to go to the gym.
We would be in the woods by daylight, done cutting and stacking 3 ricks on the trailer by noon.
Go home and split and restack on the trailer by 3pm and deliver until around 6pm or so during the weekends we weren't at the track in the mid 80's.
We don't burn a lot of wood now except in the shop with the double barrel stove. Our oak, pecan and walnut trees self prune during Oklahoma's winds so wood has never been an issue since moving to the sticks.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Reviving the thread.

Any source for good seasoned firewood in OKC? I’m close enough to the mountains that I burn Piñon but I’m running low and making a trip to OKC soon and thought I may try to bring home a pickup bed load back home if the price is good.

Chaparral

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can get free firewood in Tulsa at the Aspen Road mulch site run by Tulsa. You will have labour as you load yourself and much will need cutting up but there is lots available right now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom