First Day of Deer (rifle) season....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

getsum

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
(Just outside of Rattan)
SITTING ALL DAY ........
Well -
All I saw this morning was a baby (small) bobcat. All yellow/tan and could barley make out his spots. Pulled the cameras I set up (1 week ago)- last night and saw multiple bucks, all shootable at the feeders. Also saw some does --- BUT --- Almost all the pics were nocturnal. :-(

I am hoping to see something this evening since saw nothing all day..

tjones96761

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saw 3 does milling around the stand for about an hour this morning.
My hunting buddy shot a small 8 about 9:00 this morning.
Not much shooting. Think I heard more opener of MZ.

RedTape

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dad had a doe about 50 yards from him at about 0645. I had a doe come out and bed about 115 yards from my stand at 0830. She was still there when I left. She was looking behind her a lot and about 15 min. After she bedded there was a shot from the direction she came; real close to the property line...probably had a buck following her...just my luck haha. Saw no bucks though. This wind could calm down a little.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back in the stand with my youngest after a quick bite and a check of all the trail cams (which showed a depressing ton of nocturnal activity with my largest buck showing up at my feeder at 10PM). Wind is way down now and it was deathly quiet until the fidgity birds all showed up again and started rumaging through the leaves.

Got a better feeling about this evening. We'll see.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
oh this is deer season. saw A buck on the road this morning. three coons before sunup. not a dang thing since then. hour left in the stand. I just wasn't to see a deer. dang moon.

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
my buddy and i went this morning. he got in a better stand and got a deer around 10 minutes after daylight. txted me and said it was a doe. about 25 minutes heard another shot. he texted me and said he got a small buck. anyway i moved to the productive stand and he went for breakfast. midday i was thru hunting and he came back to get deer. actually the first one was a buck. not a young deer but antlers were all worn off down to about 3" and 4" spikes. so he had two bucks with rifle. checked in and they took one as the 'bow buck' and one as the 'gun buck'. deer were small this year.

put a feeder up in an area that has never had one, feeding corn, and deer are all around it.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
actually the first one was a buck. not a young deer but antlers were all worn off down to about 3" and 4" spikes. so he had two bucks with rifle. checked in and they took one as the 'bow buck' and one as the 'gun buck'.

Don't want to start a fight, but I don't think that's legal...! Unless I misunderstand, anything killed in gun season must wear a gun tag regardless of what it's killed with. I'd be a bit nervous if I was him.

Latest posts

Top Bottom