First Doe! well with my Truck that is!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, first deer Ive ever taken out with my vehicle. lol. Went out yesterday afternoon. Parked and walked the half mile to my stand. Got set up and settled in for a whole 5 minutes and then an ATV comes driving around the field. I packed up and got back down to make sure it wasn't someone that's not supposed to be there. It ended up being the farmer that leases the land. He was checking the field to see if it was still muddy. He said he wasn't able to plant his crops in time before all that rain we got. I went ahead and just got a ride with him back to my truck and was going to just call it day and head home. Instead I went a few miles down the road to one of my other spots. Seen 10 does there and watched them the entire time. Went ahead and snuck out after dark and headed down the highway. Was going 65mph when a doe appeared out of nowhere full speed from the ditch. By the time my foot touched the brakes the doe was already touching my bumper. It broke the grill, bent the bumper, bent the corner of the driver side fender, and various other trim parts. The bumper was also stuck against the tire and was smoking/melting. I pulled over and tried bending/prying it off, but no luck. I was pulled into a driveway to a field so I hooked a chain to my bumper and around a corner post to pull it out and off the tire. Then I went back and drug the deer off the road so it didn't cause any more accidents. I kind of wish I would have just went on home after leaving my first spot. Looks like Ill be hitting up ebay for some cheap knockoff parts. lol

truck.jpg

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got mine in December of last year. She came across the turnpike about a mile after the Locust Grove exit, happened so fast I never hit the brakes. Hit her at 80, Wife said all she saw was the Deer tumbling end over end. Looked for her but never found her.

i576.photobucket.com_albums_ss208_havsummfun_F150_60D31B2A_F7B1bf89dfe2a042d4a93c271a325eb8505.jpg

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FWIW, if you're carrying comprehensive or collision coverage on your insurance, it'll only cost you the deductible (i.e, they don't hit you with an accident surcharge or jack your rates--at least State Farm doesn't).

It's amazing what kind of damage a raccoon will when you hit one at 75mph on the turnpike...

Bluewing

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At least you hit them with a FORD. that would have totaled the "lesser" manufacturer's vehicles. :) LMAO
No. really. the first pick looks like the damage a barn owl did to my grill on my old '99. Sucks hitting any kind of animal.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dang. I've been lucky so far as to not have hit a deer, yet. I assume it'll happen eventually now that we live more in the country than previously.

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At least you hit them with a FORD. that would have totaled the "lesser" manufacturer's vehicles. :) LMAO
No. really. the first pick looks like the damage a barn owl did to my grill on my old '99. Sucks hitting any kind of animal.

hahaha, yea I think I got kind of lucky. the bumper took most of the impact and its not just plastic like some newer cars these day. I know it could have been worse. most of the trim pieces and grill are pretty cheap on ebay, but ill have to replace them with black. it seems to be almost impossible to find parts in my color. the part Im worried about most is the driver side fender is bent. hopefully I can bend it out so it looks somewhat decent rather than taking it to a body shop.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wife has totaled two vehicles hitting deer and I've hit two with minor damage to my Tacoma. All within two miles of our house. Woods on one side of the road and crop fields on the other.

Latest posts

Top Bottom