First Doe! well with my Truck that is!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
about 20 years ago opening day of rifle season I hit a buck on the way to my hunting lease killed buck and really messed up the car yes I was driving my wife car that morning. That was the only deer I seen that morning lol

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was driving to work a few days ago when a doe got lucky. The guy in front of me slowed down almost to a stop as a doe walked across the street in front of his truck. She'd crossed from north to south; the north side of the road is wooded, and the south side is mostly clear, with a few houses fairly close to the road. I'm guessing he was a hunter, based on the Browning "BuckMark" sticker on his back glass, and that paid off--he didn't take off as soon as she was across the road, which is fortunate, as she almost immediately bolted back across the road, headed for the woods.

I don't know what spooked her, but if he hadn't stayed slow, he'd have caught her squarely in the grille of his half-ton Chebbie...

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pulling a 1975 bayliner with 1980 chevy 3/4 ton with spare tire mounted to the grill.
Splatted a big doe at 65MPH. Boat almost jackknifed..Cracked the blinker lens and that was all that happened.

Love spare tires on the front or cattle catchers as some call them.
I welded in some 3/16 thick 4" wide channel iron behind my ford bumper.
Always beefed up my bumpers. I need to do that to my Geo Metro..cattle catcher.

Look At Rock Auto for inexpensive replacement parts..I get a lot of stuff there..

Latest posts

Top Bottom