First mow.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone here need a mower and weedeater? I have an Echo weedeater and a Honda commercial grade self propelled mower...I think its 30". Its older but it was dads and hasnt been used for at least 4 years.
Its sat in my garage and I want it gone. It would need an oil change, fresh gas and possibly an air filter, plus a bath. Its dusty from sitting. I know it ran well until dad parked it for good, he passed away 2 years later and mom asked if I wanted it.
The Echo needs some work, the fuel prime bubble wont pull fuel up so the fuel line may need attention I think. Otherwise it works fine.
Let me know and we can come to an agreement on a good price.
I guess this should have been posted to the classifieds but this seemed like a relevant thread to mention it.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I need to. But retirement keeps me so busy with other things I haven't got around to it yet. Working on the garden right now. Then fencing. Need to service the mower. Like @RickN I have bunnies that I worry about. One of the little buggers got chased out of it's den by the dogs and repurposed the top of my mower deck as his new home.

On top of everything else we're getting some chicks today so I have to get the coop ready. Wife just planted 3 new apple trees and I need to get some fencing around them to keep the goats and deer out. One thing after another, it seems.
Retirement is hard work

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
People are doing this yard mowing all wrong. You wait till the grass starts greening up then spray with roundup to kill the weeds. Mixed strong enough it will stunt the grass and you will not have to mow till mid May.
That would take more Round Up than I can afford.
I did get the grounds mowed today.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That would take more Round Up than I can afford.
I did get the grounds mowed today.
Farm General Grass and Weed Killer concentrate. Same amount of Glyphosate as Round up, about half the cost. 2.5 gal $85.00
20230412_210256.jpg

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wife stole my Bad Boy and mowed the manicured areas of grass for the first time last weekend. Looked out over the 5-6 acre pasture this evening when i got home and there are parts I'm going to have to get brush hogged in the next month so it doesn't take so long and leave such long cuttings all over it. This part takes about 10 hours to full mow. Time to sharpen some blades.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wife stole my Bad Boy and mowed the manicured areas of grass for the first time last weekend. Looked out over the 5-6 acre pasture this evening when i got home and there are parts I'm going to have to get brush hogged in the next month so it doesn't take so long and leave such long cuttings all over it. This part takes about 10 hours to full mow. Time to sharpen some blades.

At one time, the wife and I had a home on 5 acres with a pond. One gained access to the home by crossing the dam for the pond. While I loved the place, I was glad to sell and move elsewhere, because if I didn't get home from work and spend two hours each evening for 4 evenings mowing, I would be mowing for 8 hours on Saturday. With the layout of the property, a zero-turn wouldn't have worked very well, so I did it all with a garden tractor and a weed-eater.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Advertise a mowing training class. Charge $20/ each.

Latest posts

Top Bottom