Mowing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you like to mow?

• Yes

Votes: 21 58.3%
  • No

Votes: 15 41.7%

• Total voters

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well......I wouldn’t know. 😉 Three and a half years ago I bought the Mrs the home of her dreams and finally had a big enough yard to justify a ride’m mower. Went down and grabbed myself a nice shiny new Gravely at the dealer, brought it home and then foolishly told my bride “why don’t you give it a test drive”. That was the end of that........I’ve now been demoted to weed-eater duty. ☹️ 😂😂

1695261058821.jpeg

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dred knowing the lawn needs to be mowed. To do all the manicured lawn on the property it takes about 4 hours with a 72" Badboy. However, once it's done it's a nice feeling to have it looking so nice and groomed. THe weed eating sucks the big one though which is why it doesn't get done with every mow. Spring and summer we need to mow about every 10 days or the grass gets too long then we end up with too much clippings on the lawn.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When we moved to the country 11 years ago, initially I loved mowing! Crack a cold one and start cutting… the reward of seeing that 5 acres nice and neat does feel good too!

But the novelty wore off after a few years and now it’s just a chore that sucks my time away from other things

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would like mowing a lot more if I A) had a smaller lawn so it wouldn't take as long with a push mower or B) had a much bigger lawn so could justify a riding mower.

My biggest problem with mowing is that it gives me too much time in my own head. I should never be allowed that much time to contemplate whether the latest big decision I made was good or bad.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I started mowing yards in my neighborhood when I was about 9 and mowed commercially until about half way through college. I don’t dislike mowing, but it’s not my favorite thing to do. Here in Texas, I push mow right up again the barn and do the rest of the yard with a 30 hp Kubota and 6’ finish mower. I have a 52” Hustler Raptor in Oklahoma (it came with the place), and I mow twice as much up there as I do at home.
It’s a little depressing every time I come up to spend 3 hours mowing the yard and having it looking good knowing I’m going back home in a couple days and will have to repeat the process when I come back up next time. I’m never there long enough to appreciate the fruits of my labor. :rolleyes2

This isn’t really part of this thread but goes hand in hand with mowing. I hate weedeating, and I spray RM43 weed killer around everything that “would” need weedeating.

jeepjackazz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
love hate relationship with it.. love doing it, but my allergies are so bad i cant breathe well for days after. Id like to upgrade to a zero turn, just have not found a deal thats worked out yet. (someone trade me one for some guns)

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s a little depressing every time I come up to spend 3 hours mowing the yard and having it looking good knowing I’m going back home in a couple days and will have to repeat the process when I come back up next time. I’m never there long enough to appreciate the fruits of my labor. :rolleyes2
You need to somehow figure out a way to move up here permanently and stop all that driving back and forth.......ain't no shame in becoming an Okie. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom