Mowing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you like to mow?

• Yes

Votes: 21 58.3%
  • No

Votes: 15 41.7%

• Total voters

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone else like to mow? It's about to end for the year and I bought a new to me mower. This is a good time to buy due to going out of mowing season. I thought if I’d waited this deal would be gone and prices would go up in the spring. I couldn’t pass it up!

I've used it one time and this thing makes beautiful stripes. I thought my Hustler did a great job, but it doesn't quite compare to this. And it shreds the grass like no other. It shoots out almost a dust.

Not that I would ever mow at this speed, but it will cut at 10.5 mph.

1695236085742.png

1695236126186.png

1695236164059.png

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like mowing but it eats up a bunch of my time that I Could be doing other time wasting things.
i'm still using that 50" mower that @Okie4570 gave me and I cut with that thing on low deck height and as fast as it will go and we still mow for 1.5hours. Oh well!
nice mower you have, do they make that with A seat?

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I grew up farming almost 1,000 acres and absolutely hated going round and round a field. So, what did I do? I became a cop going round and round the city. Sure I could take small trips to the airport and back, checking the runway lights at night and blowing out the cobs. I could choose my own routes throughout the town and still feel I covered most of it in 8 hours. After twenty years, I knew several towns like the back of my hand.

I retired and went to work for a major company and was either driving or flying all over the U.S. for them. I almost longed for the days I could go home at night. After retiring again, I really enjoy mowing my meager little piece of ground with my Husqvarna rider.

When I started on this piece of property, it had great big trees and no grass so the dust cloud I created mowing the weeds and what little grass I did have made me feel as if I was farming again and embarrassed me because the neighbor's cars downwind were covered in dust.

After the ice storm about ten years ago, I got rid of all the trees. For years I dug up roots and planted grass and watered and waited. Now, finally, I have the nice lush green carpet of grass I have always dreamed about. I wait until the cool morning temperatures then put on my shades, my radio earphones, fill it with gas, check the oil, and spend an hour in complete bliss going round and round my field.

IMG_3968.JPG

Last edited:

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like mowing but it eats up a bunch of my time that I Could be doing other time wasting things.
i'm still using that 50" mower that @Okie4570 gave me and I cut with that thing on low deck height and as fast as it will go and we still mow for 1.5hours. Oh well!
I does kinda look like an old Don Garlits dragster.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, sorta. I think the stand on has a shorter wheelbase that makes it more maneuverable and can get into tighter spots. But for big open areas, they have this.
Oh, and this will mow at 19 mph!

IMG_7822.jpeg

Last edited:

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I WISH I could do all my mowing in 1.5 hours. Takes me 3+ hrs...over 4 if I do the ditch. That includes hooking up the brush mower, too. I did just get a PTO Link gizmo that makes hooking up the implements to the tractor PTO take like 15 seconds.

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anyone else like to mow? It's about to end for the year and I bought a new to me mower. This is a good time to buy due to going out of mowing season. I thought if I’d waited this deal would be gone and prices would go up in the spring. I couldn’t pass it up!

I've used it one time and this thing makes beautiful stripes. I thought my Hustler did a great job, but it doesn't quite compare to this. And it shreds the grass like no other. It shoots out almost a dust.

Not that I would ever mow at this speed, but it will cut at 10.5 mph.

View attachment 412014

View attachment 412015

View attachment 412016
I feel like mowing is therapeutic. It stressful. Put on my noise cancelling headphones, turn on some tunes and an hour and a half flies by quick! I’m a big advocate of bobcat. At our last place I bought a brand new CT2040 tractor and it was amazing and $10k less than the standard brand names. I think they’re a solid brand.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
20 years ago i started mowing a few neighbors yards to help them out and give me something to do and i like making a yard look good and didnt take long that the phone started ringing and my little hobby turn into a part time job and still going today but with alot fewer customers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom