Mowing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you like to mow?

• Yes

Votes: 21 58.3%
  • No

Votes: 15 41.7%

• Total voters

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
love hate relationship with it.. love doing it, but my allergies are so bad i cant breathe well for days after. Id like to upgrade to a zero turn, just have not found a deal thats worked out yet. (someone trade me one for some guns)
I found out through allergy testing that I was allergic to Bermuda grass. I will shower asap after mowing and that helps keep the symptoms down. (Send me the pics of some guns.)

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I started mowing yards in my neighborhood when I was about 9 and mowed commercially until about half way through college. I don’t dislike mowing, but it’s not my favorite thing to do. Here in Texas, I push mow right up again the barn and do the rest of the yard with a 30 hp Kubota and 6’ finish mower. I have a 52” Hustler Raptor in Oklahoma (it came with the place), and I mow twice as much up there as I do at home.
It’s a little depressing every time I come up to spend 3 hours mowing the yard and having it looking good knowing I’m going back home in a couple days and will have to repeat the process when I come back up next time. I’m never there long enough to appreciate the fruits of my labor. :rolleyes2

This isn’t really part of this thread but goes hand in hand with mowing. I hate weedeating, and I spray RM43 weed killer around everything that “would” need weedeating.
I hate weedeating. We can send men to the moon and back safely but no one can invent a string trimmer that never jams or doesn't feed line from a spool like an attachable magazine.

VarmintHunter59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hate weedeating. We can send men to the moon and back safely but no one can invent a string trimmer that never jams or doesn't feed line from a spool like an attachable magazine.
I used to like weed eating when I was married to my first wife. Now I have a commercial Husqvarna weed eater with a solid head and 12 links of chainsaw chain. Change it out maybe once a year and guaranteed to only hit your foot once.

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I want to really bad but convincing my wife is the hard part. Her parents and my mom are at an age that they’re going to be needing help.
Before you move up here build you a mother in law shack somewhere on your place and then bring her’s and your parents with you.

Problem solved…..well maybe?😁😁

Latest posts

Top Bottom