First Ruger built marlin.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
Caption that goes with the photo...
“The moment you've been waiting for is finally here... We are proud to share with you the very first production-built Marlin Model 1895™! Congratulations to the entire Marlin team in our Mayodan, NC facility on this major milestone. Stay tuned for the official release of these production rifles later this year!”

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.guns.com/news/2021/10/22/ruger-shows-off-its-1st-marlin-rifle
Ruger on Thursday posted a photo of the company's first production Marlinlever-action rifle made at its plant in North Carolina.

Keeping promises made earlier in the month by Christopher Killoy, Ruger's CEO and president, that the first Marlin Model off the assembly line will be the Stainless Big Loop variant of the Model 1895, the image posted this week on social media shows proud Ruger employees clustered around just that.

After the 1895SBL rolls out, Killoy said the next gun to return to the Marlin catalog will likely be the Model 336, a people's champ in .30-30, and, later, the Model 1894 in .357 and .44 Magnum. Also fleshing out the Model 1895 will be rifles chambered in .444 Marlin.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know it wont happen but a lever action in a dangerous game caliber would he badass. The 1895 is a strong action.. I wonder if they could stretch it out a bit and if its strong enough to handle some of the calibers the No 1 is chambered in.
Heres to dreaming about a Ruger made 1895 in 458 Lott to match my beloved No. 1.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know it wont happen but a lever action in a dangerous game caliber would he badass. The 1895 is a strong action.. I wonder if they could stretch it out a bit and if its strong enough to handle some of the calibers the No 1 is chambered in.
Heres to dreaming about a Ruger made 1895 in 458 Lott to match my beloved No. 1.
I think it would take a bigger stronger action than the 1895, the 45/70 is a pretty low pressure round so you can get away with a bit more pressure in the 1895 but I don't think it's anywhere close to strong enough for a Lott. Some guys get away with hot loads that get close to the Win mag in them but I wouldn't do it. I can't remember for sure but I think some guys converted some to .500 Smith and they blew up. And it's just a handgun round!

Schlafftablett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Really looking forward to a Ruger/Marlin in .327 federal mag.
I’ve been bugging everyone I know or have met at Marlin and later Remington about this since the .327 came out. The best answer I got was from the then VP of marketing who, when I asked about a .32H&R or .327, said “there would be a lot of r&d that would need to go into that caliber.” I said “not really, you’ve already made one”. He had no idea it ever existed until I showed him one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom