First Ticket EVER 1 Question for LEO or lawyer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can ride a motorcycle without a helmet and its OK, but ride in a car without a seatbelt and its a fine, crazy.

Even better, you can ride in the back of a truck at 12 years old, or on a school bus with 50 other kids pushing yelling and playing, but can't ride in a car with reinforced side panels, and airbags without being strapped in.....

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Even better, you can ride in the back of a truck at 12 years old, or on a school bus with 50 other kids pushing yelling and playing, but can't ride in a car with reinforced side panels, and airbags without being strapped in.....

Yup insane, and my all time favorite, is how the seat belt law would never be used as a sole reason to pull someone over and give them a tickett, ya that did not last long.

Personally I wear me seat belt, not for fear of getting a tickett, but as one who has not so lightly kissed the windshield of a car in a accident, but I still believe it should be a personal choice not a .gov mandated one.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can you still ride in the bed of a truck at 12 and up? I thought they did away with that one. Many trips were done riding in the bed of a truck as a kid. California, Colorado. Oklahoma, and Texas. Depending on which family member it was we sometimes had a topper and other times didn't.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

HEY! Some of my fondest childhood memories are of riding in the back of my dad's pickup truck with my brothers, sisters, and cousins on the highways and by-ways of Talehquah going here, there and yonder ... we were all way younger than 12 ...

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And I almost rode my bike Saturday. Oh well....at least I didn't get an "Its for your own safety" speech.

I personally dont care if riders wear a helmet or not, its a personal choice matter, BUT to make those who ride in cars and trucks, wear seat belts, yet let riders ride without headgear, is nuts.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I brought up that seatbelt laws were stupid, contrasting them with the lack of helmet laws. I was very clear that I thought it should be a personal choice in either case and that I in no way supported helmet laws or seatbelt laws. Roadking Larry still got all indignant.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I brought up that seatbelt laws were stupid, contrasting them with the lack of helmet laws. I was very clear that I thought it should be a personal choice in either case and that I in no way supported helmet laws or seatbelt laws. Roadking Larry still got all indignant.
AWWW you know the deal ....just another way to control and generate revenue....the State has to make $$$ somehow!?

Latest posts

Top Bottom