First Ticket EVER 1 Question for LEO or lawyer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chubbs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The incorrect address that was written on your ticket means nothing really. Your DL number is on the citation and it will have the correct address in the system. By signing the citation you are just promising to appear in court (or pay the fine) not acknowledging guilt.

SgtMojo67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Speaking as a LEO.....He already cut you a break. Address mistake doesn't mean crap especially if you know it's a mistake. You know the right thing to do. If it is your first ticket ever, go to court and talk to the judge, they may put you on probation. Just don't tell them you were already cut a break. If you can, pay the fine and be thankful he cut you a break.

Last edited:

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow 6 pages...I forgot to tell you ,some dont read all the posts.
So several pages later your still gettin the same....Rah De Rah rahrah
Theyre actually pretty good folks...(kinda ODD about some things)...just laugh ..with them and wait ...theyll do something..mmmm..not to bright
edit: you are going to pay the ticket ..right...(just had to get it out there ..one..more..time!)...;)
edit #2: I am Not a LEO
so theyll just laugh at me now!

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Originally Posted by OKCShooter
Let me get this straight: You were speeding 16 over, he cut you a break down to 10, and you want to get compensated for him making a mistake on your address?
This!! ....Yep...if You cant get it wright its just rong

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never got a speeding ticket I didn't deserve, most of my traffic stops on the bikes could have been felony traffic the way I rode, in all that time I got one ticket and didn't even flinch when he wrote it.

Out of all the times you have deliberately broken the law and you get on here and whine about it after getting cut a break the one time you get caught, man up pay the fine and get your DL address changed so you aren't in violation of 2 laws next time.

Flow of traffic means nothing in Oklahoma the sign says 70 and you decide to roll with the flow doing 76 you are breaking the law.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went to traffic court in Yale, OK once. Not as good as people-watching at Graceland but very entertaining nonetheless.

One night I watched a judge in traffic court defer the sentence for a 50 year with a DUI. He just lost the $500 bond. He defered the sentence for a a girl in her 30's for pot possesion. He was an easy going older gentleman and I would bet he had heard every story in the book. Some of the excuses are priceless.

Latest posts

Top Bottom