First Time Shooting at H&H

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Been to a lot of indoor ranges around the country and H&H is a pretty nice place to shoot. Been there maybe six or eight times since being to OK and have no complaints about the facility or their staff.

Just went to Heartland in Edmond last week to test drive my new Browning Buckmark Practical (that I bought at H&H) and really enjoyed that facility too. Like the OP stated, important to get to the range early to beat the crowds.

sumerian1

Marksman
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm from Tulsa and shoot at Tulsa xxxxx Sometimes I come to OKC to visit relatives. I brought my M&P40 this weekend and stopped in on Saturday at H&H. First impressions were definitely good. Yes, I also noticed that they were charging 'new' prices on used guns and some of the new guns were under MSRP, while others were above. I know there are other places to buy for less, but you will have to travel to get there. Any large successful busines with an FFL will need to charge ample prices to keep such a NICE and LARGE facility going. No complaints here. We need to keep these guys in business so WE stay in business.

Also, I waited an hour to shoot at H&H. Lots of business with definitely lots of shooters, which is a good thing. Wow! Did not know I could Rapid-Fire at the range. I've been trained on over 25 feet away, shoot, count to 3 and shoot again. Rapid fire is restricted to handguns only and no rifle rapid fire. There is no 'draw and fire' allowed, as to do so requires pointing the barrel away from down range, to put it in your draw holster, which also increases the odds of having a ND. Still, though, rapid fire at the riange showed to myself that I am lousy at rapid fire. 3 shots quickly requires a steady eye and hand, with a smooth trigger action and pull/follow through. Because of what I learned from doing this, makes me angry that so many places won't let you shoot this way. There is a local (in Tulsa) that most everyone goes to and they won't let you shoot rapid fire. Red Castle on the other hand is outdoors and WILL allow you to rapid fire, but they are WAYYYYYYY out in the boonies and takes you quite the while and driving to get there.
What is up with Tulsa area ranges that they won't let you rapid fire? I would like for someone, if they know the answer here, to reply to this and explain why this is so. Is it a city ordinance? Red Castle is out of the city limits, so I suspect that it is a city ordinance. If not, please explain.
Thanks to whomever can address this question in advance.
-sumerian1

Wall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not sure why the Tulsa ranges won't but H&H doesn't allow it because too many people have damaged the carriers & cables. If you want to improve your skills, try shooting the USPSA or IDPA matches at USSA. You will learn alot about your skills & your equipment.

SAIL3R

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depending the hours you want to go, the range down in slaughterville is pretty fun for rifle, pistol, and skeet. Rarely that busy, no range fees, and pretty much shoot what you want, just clean up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom