First time shooting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ljb2of3

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My sister and I went up to Medlock this afternoon. It was the first time either of us had handled a firearm. Short version, we had a blast. The people working there were very helpful and friendly. We had 50 rounds of 9mm 115gr and 40 rounds of .22 38gr.

I shot an XD9, and my sister shot a P22.

ai954.photobucket.com_albums_ae24_ljb2of3_guns.jpg

We shared a lane and had a single target. For most of our shots we were shooting at 5 yards. The blue groups are mine, and the pink groups are my sisters. Someone had thrown away an orange page of targets but hadn't shot one of corner ones, so I grabbed it and shot the last corner. For this one I shot at 7 yards just for fun. My first shot was the closest to the center.

ai954.photobucket.com_albums_ae24_ljb2of3_target.jpg

I also got a couple of videos, one of me shooting 9 rounds somewhere in the middle of my box of ammo, and one of my sister firing her second round of the day.

I can't figure out how to embed the youtube videos, so here are links...

Me My Sister

It was great fun, I can't wait to go shooting again!

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My sister and I went up to Medlock this afternoon. It was the first time either of us had handled a firearm. Short version, we had a blast. The people working there were very helpful and friendly. We had 50 rounds of 9mm 115gr and 40 rounds of .22 38gr.

I shot an XD9, and my sister shot a P22.

ai954.photobucket.com_albums_ae24_ljb2of3_guns.jpg

We shared a lane and had a single target. For most of our shots we were shooting at 5 yards. The blue groups are mine, and the pink groups are my sisters. Someone had thrown away an orange page of targets but hadn't shot one of corner ones, so I grabbed it and shot the last corner. For this one I shot at 7 yards just for fun. My first shot was the closest to the center.

ai954.photobucket.com_albums_ae24_ljb2of3_target.jpg

I also got a couple of videos, one of me shooting 9 rounds somewhere in the middle of my box of ammo, and one of my sister firing her second round of the day.

I can't figure out how to embed the youtube videos, so here are links...

Me My Sister

It was great fun, I can't wait to go shooting again!

Welcome to the addiction!!!!!!!!! :thumbup3: :thumbup3:

ljb2of3

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your sister have a problem with men??? LOL

Hehehe, no I don't think so. We only had the one target and 90 rounds of ammo, so we were just moving all around the target so we could see the different groups.

It is a little scary that she was the most accurate there though. Strangely, so was I when aiming for the belt buckle area.

Latest posts

Top Bottom