Fishing...Gun in Tackle Box

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluedot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My son was fishing with a friend who didn't have a fishing lic and had warrant for him (Tickets) as they were going to take him (friend) to jail, my son who had been drinking didn't want to drive so was waiting for his wife to pick him up, asked the law enforcement officers if he could get his tackle box. Its ok was the reply but he had to check the box and thats when the fun began....Hes was not charged but has an appt in court...Whats worst that can happen and the lease....I have no experience in this matter..

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not sure I got this.
1) Your son was drinking and had a gun in his tackle box?
2) Were they pulled over or something?
3) Was your son arrested?

Bluedot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As far as I know he wasn't arrested, they, the authorities, were checking for fishing lic, he had his but his friend didn't and had arrest warrants. The tackle box had his gun (my son), in a case, a loaded clip was in the case but not shelled in the gun. So now the music "Bad Boy Bad Boy" and the cops did their thing, which is alright with me and my son was taken in. He never been in this kind of trouble..

hubmonkey

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Huh? Man you need to slow down and describe this better...

You state he was not arrested but "Taken in"... taken in where? Was he read his maranda rights?

The previous post you say he was not charged in but "has an appt in court". You don't go to court for the visit without being charged with something. Was he issued a summons for court?

What exactly are you asking in this whole thread?

What I can gather, and correct me if I am wrong....

#1 Your son and his buddy were fishing and drinking with a gun in the tackle box.
#2 The game ranger came and checked them for fishing permits.
#3 Your son's friend did not have a fishing permit and had warrants for his arrest.
#4 Your son's friend gets hooked up.
#5 Your son then does not want to drive because of his drinking and calls his wife for a ride.
#6 Your son then asks the game ranger to get his tackle box and the game ranger discovers he has a gun concealed in it.

What happened next?

Hub

Bluedot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As far as I know, I repeated it the way I inderstand it...I'll give him a ring to get a more info on this case..sorry for the confusion writing is not a gift for me...bare with me...thanks for the replies

Latest posts

Top Bottom