Fitness accountability thread?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I havent reported in a few weeks due to being back to my work and off of my annual one and a half month long Xmas vacation, which means back to regular traveling between Oklahoma Iowa and California then back home here. I will be getting workouts in when I can wherever I am now and then when home. I have a great place in Des Moines IA where Ive been boxing and kicking the bag for years; and a great little out of the way hole in the wall serious gym in Modesto CA where I can lift maintenance style, one of those places that is a hangout for bodybuilders and powerlifters, no fancy stuff like a Planet Fitness, just tons of weights and a place to shower. I did manage to get to a pant size smaller in the almost 2 months of my program even tho I wasnt even concentrating on losing weight. My main goal was to put some power behind my punches by strengthening arms, chest and back and I succeeded- when I started out my calves, neck and arms were the same measure at approx 17", I added some size to my arms which are at about 18" cold now but since I wont be lifting as heavy as I was and as frequent so I expect them to atrophy some and also expect to get a little belly fat back. I feel really good from eating a lot cleaner tho and I will try to keep eating as clean as possible while out on the road the next 10 months- zero or very little greasy foods, less sugar, less salt, no soda, lots of fresh fruit and vegs, lean meats, etc. Basically when eating out I will be going for a Firehouse sub and a juice instead of an InNOut burger&fries and a large Coke, lower fat breakfast and lunches, lots of seafood and fish, chicken, lean beef at dinner. My one weakness is Italian food so I will have to try and put the brakes on eating so much of it.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I havent reported in a few weeks due to being back to my work and off of my annual one and a half month long Xmas vacation, which means back to regular traveling between Oklahoma Iowa and California then back home here. I will be getting workouts in when I can wherever I am now and then when home. I have a great place in Des Moines IA where Ive been boxing and kicking the bag for years; and a great little out of the way hole in the wall serious gym in Modesto CA where I can lift maintenance style, one of those places that is a hangout for bodybuilders and powerlifters, no fancy stuff like a Planet Fitness, just tons of weights and a place to shower. I did manage to get to a pant size smaller in the almost 2 months of my program even tho I wasnt even concentrating on losing weight. My main goal was to put some power behind my punches by strengthening arms, chest and back and I succeeded- when I started out my calves, neck and arms were the same measure at approx 17", I added some size to my arms which are at about 18" cold now but since I wont be lifting as heavy as I was and as frequent so I expect them to atrophy some and also expect to get a little belly fat back. I feel really good from eating a lot cleaner tho and I will try to keep eating as clean as possible while out on the road the next 10 months- zero or very little greasy foods, less sugar, less salt, no soda, lots of fresh fruit and vegs, lean meats, etc. Basically when eating out I will be going for a Firehouse sub and a juice instead of an InNOut burger&fries and a large Coke, lower fat breakfast and lunches, lots of seafood and fish, chicken, lean beef at dinner. My one weakness is Italian food so I will have to try and put the brakes on eating so much of it.

Except for the Soda, Fritos, and bean dip on the road trip? :uhwhat:

Sorry, had to call you out on that one! :pms2:

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Except for the Soda, Fritos, and bean dip on the road trip? :uhwhat:

Sorry, had to call you out on that one! :pms2:

Yaa, I was previously drinking sodas just for the caffeine until I discovered a much better routine this past weekend- stocked up on cold coffee drinks and 100% apple juice in the ice chest, which ended up being a lot better for me than the pop. The coffee kept me awake driving and the juice was great with the snacks.
The fritos and bean dip do contain a bit of sodium but since dont use much salt cooking and dont put any on my foods at the table in favor of pepper, figured a little wont hurt me that bad.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yaa, I was previously drinking sodas just for the caffeine until I discovered a much better routine this past weekend- stocked up on cold coffee drinks and apple juice in the ice chest, which ended up being a lot better for me than the pop.
The fritos and bean dip do contain a bit of sodium but since dont use much salt cooking and dont put any on my foods at the table in favor of pepper, figured a little wont hurt me that bad.

Watch the sugar in some of those cold coffee drinks too, some of them are almost as high as soda...

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
^ most juices also have very high sugar contents. Some are natural, some are added. Either way, like Shoot Sum said, watch sugar intake, no matter the source.

be even more careful with those drinks that claim to contain no sugars, but taste super sweet. Often they add "sugar variants". Not considered sugar by FDA but its sugar none the less. Maybe I not 100% clear about how this works. check it out here

http://health.usnews.com/health-news/blogs/eat-run/2014/08/12/sugar-free-claims-are-sticky-business
Several energy drinks do this

best drinks if found are 1. Black and unsweetened coffee 2. Water

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
^ most juices also have very high sugar contents. Some are natural, some are added. Either way, like Shoot Sum said, watch sugar intake, no matter the source.

be even more careful with those drinks that claim to contain no sugars, but taste super sweet. Often they add "sugar variants". Not considered sugar by FDA but its sugar none the less. Maybe I not 100% clear about how this works. check it out here

http://health.usnews.com/health-news/blogs/eat-run/2014/08/12/sugar-free-claims-are-sticky-business
Several energy drinks do this

best drinks if found are 1. Black and unsweetened coffee 2. Water
One thing I do do is drink lots of water, always have. Anyone who knows me is used to seeing me always carrying around a gallon or two of water in my vehicles and a constant bottle of it in my hand. Back in the day we always drank a lot of plain strong coffee before working out.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am excited about this workout so I'm posting before I do it. Speed work!

Sprint 100m (should be under 13 seconds) and jog back to start within 1 minute. Take remainder of minute as rest, if back at start before minute is over.

Do this 12 times.

Well see how fast I still am. I used to do this in under 12 seconds consistently.
Used to do this with a soccer team, I wish I had someone to do this with.
You know what they say.... Misery loves company :)

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll check in, took some time cause I had bronchitis. But when I went to the doctor their scale said I had dropped 20lbs. I have cut down to about 3 -4 days a week and that's mainly because the gym has been absolutely packed because of New Years resolutions.

Latest posts

Top Bottom