Fitness accountability thread?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Joining. Got back on the bike Monday and Tuesday at ~25 miles each. I'm out of shape but not as bad as I thought I might be. I ramped up for a high-altitude hike last summer, then have been slacking since October. Hunting season, traveling...lazy.

Girlfriend has commandeered the kitchen after 2 years (as a couple - many years for myself) of my hillbilly cooking, making us eat much healthier dinners than what I usually make. That and we cut out drinking during the week. God, beer made me a softbody. But it's soooo good, ya know?

I'm 5'-11" and 164 today. Was 169 a few weeks ago - my all time high (I was 145 in 2013). My only two goals are 1) to gain/maintain decent cardio fitness 2) lose my belly fat. That's just going to involve making myself get on the bike, not skipping days for lame reasons, and eating healthier. 150-155 is usually where I need to be to lose my beer gut. I am skinnyfat like a sumbitch'. You ever see the old guys with a normal sized body and a huge pregnant gut - like they swallowed a beach ball? I can already tell that's where I'm headed if I don't keep on top of it. Ugh.

Biking is the only exercise I enjoy (besides hiking, but I usually bike to get in shape to hike) and can semi-consistently make myself do. I used to run but biking is a lot easier on my knees/feet.

cvrx4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife did the same last week. NO BEER during the week..this week has been hell LOL. It has saved us a couple of bucks. And it also helped that I have only had one night off. Started this thing called jogging. I feel like just walking isn't doing much for me so picked it up a notch and jogged. Which is a huge step for me since I hate running.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been keeping at it despite the chaos of job changes and training. Friday was four cycles of: 400 meter row, 30 Kettle bell swings, 20 air squats, and 10 dead lifts.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't call the bathroom a John anymore, I call it the Jim. That way I can feel good when I tell my friends I went to the Jim this morning.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you also say... I took a dump on [the] Jim this morning?

did the following today

Run 300 meters
25 knee tuck jumps
300m
20 knee tuck jumps
300m
18 knee tuck jumps

Run 300 meters
25 pushups
300m
20 push ups
300m