Fitness accountability thread?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ran at TM yesterday, finished 6 miles just before the storms hit. Ran a 10k and a 1/2 marathon two weeks ago, been alternating running/light weights pretty much 6 days a week. Ran with runngun gear Monday, getting ready for the Zombie shoot in Tejas in a couple of weeks.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last workout of a 5 week competition tonight:

Row for 27 cals
27 65lb thrusters
21 cals
21 thrusters
15 cals
15 thrusters
9 cals
9 thrusters

For time. I did it in an appalling 13:24....think the fastest worldwide was like 7:00

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since MArch 1, I've eeked out 91.56 miles over 17 runs, with the average per run of 5.38 and the longest at 10. Average pace around 8:28 per mile. Goal of 90 miles blown away, though I was hoping for 20 runs. I will end up at 19 most likely.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Finally buckling down and cutting beer from 7 days a week to 2-3. Sucks on nice sunny days.

My skinnyfat belly has gotten as good as it's gonna get without doing that or working a lot harder. I'm picking the easiest of the two.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I start to add a few extra pounds I switch from beer to wine. I don't like wine as much so I don't chug it like a nice cold beer. I also do intermittent fasting to trim up, which means I eat all of my calories in an eight hour period, then my body burns it for sixteen.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ran 6 miles at TM yesterday - feels like summertime fo sho!
Hit the weights the day before that, and ran with runngun gear the day before that.

Got the Zombie RunNGun in Texas next week, so prob try to get in at least one more run with gear, and a couple without before then.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do my best to hit the Gym three times a week again. Started in January 2014 and went from 310 to 250 or so after about 6 months then life got in the way and I stopped going actively but maintained my weight and ended up down to around 245. I started back February this year and am now down to 237.

I do two things, first of all MyFitnessPal to track calories and try and eat a little healthier. When I started I had no idea how I was going to stick to a 1800 calorie diet and now I am at 1500 calories and sometimes have problems eating enough. The app likes to complain if I don't get at least 1500 even if I am over the 1200 minimum it says I need to eat in a day. I also track my cardio and strength training with the app though it does not subtract the strength training calories burned which works out fine for me.

Second off I hit the gym pretty hard considering. I am there for about two hours each time I go, 65 minutes on a recumbent bike 13 resistance keeping it above 60 rpm and I will burn around 500 calories. And about 30 minutes hitting the weights, I am not looking to bulk up but maintain the strength I have but I have back problems and a separated right shoulder which has always had pain but I have resisted the knife even though it will soon be to that point. By the time I wipe things down before (since over half the people do not and I am not going to get my wife sick because of some jackwagon) and after using the equipment, and hit the shower my two hours is up and I head home to go to bed. I leave out at about midnight so I don't have to deal with other people using equipment and having downtime and I also can use the recumbent bike for as long as I like.

The strength training is pretty much the same each time, inner and outer thigh, squat, forward and reverse butterfly, chest press, longpull and ab machine. I stay away from the free weights since I am there alone most of the time and don't feel like getting into a jam when no help is available.

I am at the point where I feel like going more often to hit the cardio but at my limit for strength training sessions.

Goal is to be below 200 and preferably around 190 when I am done which will be a loss of about 120 pounds.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im still lifting heavy weights 2 days a week, one of those days I split my workout in half so its actually total 3 weight workouts, and am still boxing/martial arts 2 days a week. Still not concentrating on losing any weight as my tummy is apparently not getting any smaller- as long as my arms, chest and shoulders are making gains and my legs stay strong I dont care one bit about cutting or weight loss, I just basically want more strength behind my punchs and kicks as well as keep setting personal goals in my lifting.

My diet spring and summer thru fall is more on the run but then I also can get better fresh fruits and veggies this time of year. Right now my complex carbs are reserved for carb loading pre workouts, fast carbs like 100% juice and honey/water I drink on during workouts, protein drinks post workouts and in between workouts for recuperation, and my meals are basically a medium sized high protein breakfast, a lean protein source with tons of fresh raw uncooked veggies lunch and dinner, and fresh fruits and or 100% juices and or a small amount of 50-50 type foods for snacks and treats (health food store peanut butter on a bagel, some dairy, etc); plus drinking lots of distilled water. Sodas and candy at the movies, pizza, burgers&fries, my beloved Italian food, etc I consider rewards on my one total off workout and off diet day of the week- always Saturdays, the rest of the week I dream about Saturdays, loll.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Still at same routine while doing lots more traveling with my work- 2 weightlifting days with one a split and 2 intense boxing/martial arts workouts. Diet is on point but still not concentrating on losing weight even tho I have lost a few lbs here and there just by eliminating alot of sugars and fat.

Latest posts

Top Bottom