Fitness accountability thread?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just started a 12 week powerlifting cycle this week (focus on three main lifts; bench, squat and deadlift).

So my cardio is pretty much going to suck for the RnG.

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys are way more into the whole strength training thing than I am!

At this point I'm just a runner (come on OKC Memorial Marathon!), but I did just set a new 5k PR last night. I do need to start some form of strength training.

Last edited:

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been going to a Krav Maga training group with Oklahoma Combatives (they are a member on the forum) since the end of October, and it has been very good for me. Lots of cardio, I'm getting stronger arms, shoulders, and back, smaller gut, more stamina, and it is making me tougher and more willing to keep pushing when I'm exhausted. I'm sure it will help my run score on the RnG. I haven't lost much weight -- only about 5 lbs. since starting Krav. I figure a lot of the gut loss was offset by added muscle.

As far as shooting goes, I've had the M39 out to the range 3 times and have put maybe 200 rounds through it. Getting where I can very consistently hold under 4 MOA with it from prone with a sling. Been shooting some dot torture and a couple other drills with the Glock. I've put about 500 rounds through it since I bought it this summer. The M39 is giving me trouble though -- I can't get it to quit rim locking. Tried a new interrupter and everything. If I can't get it sorted by January I'll just go with an AR or something. Maybe with the 11.5" upper I just built, so I can join the "cleared the 500 yd. stage with a shorty and red dot" club.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys are way more into the whole strength training thing than I am!

At this point I'm just a runner (come on OKC Memorial Marathon!), but I did just set a new 5k PR last night. I do need to start some form of strength training.

I need to get back into shape. Started running earlier this year, dropped 22lbs. Got lazy and gained 10 of it back. Running a few 5Ks this month and then gotta get back to it for the half marathon in April.

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I need to get back into shape. Started running earlier this year, dropped 22lbs. Got lazy and gained 10 of it back. Running a few 5Ks this month and then gotta get back to it for the half marathon in April.
I've dropped 25 pounds or so myself since starting running this summer.

I'm hoping to run a 5k or two pretty soon myself.

Do you have a group to train with for the half?

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've dropped 25 pounds or so myself since starting running this summer.

I'm hoping to run a 5k or two pretty soon myself.

Do you have a group to train with for the half?
No. I did training for a 5K earlier this year, ended up doing the Redbud 10K a month later, and the Memorial half marathon 2 weeks after. I should get a group this year but it'll be January or February before I look into it.

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No. I did training for a 5K earlier this year, ended up doing the Redbud 10K a month later, and the Memorial half marathon 2 weeks after. I should get a group this year but it'll be January or February before I look into it.
The Landrunners (http://okcrunning.com) do group long runs Saturday mornings, and they have a simple training plan a well for a full or half marathon.

Runs typically start in different places each week (near the zoo, lake Hefner, lake Overholser, lake Stanley Draper, etc). It's a free group, and they do have water stops at multiple places along the route each week. The first training run for the OKC Memorial session is January 2, I think.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Landrunners (http://okcrunning.com) do group long runs Saturday mornings, and they have a simple training plan a well for a full or half marathon.

Runs typically start in different places each week (near the zoo, lake Hefner, lake Overholser, lake Stanley Draper, etc). It's a free group, and they do have water stops at multiple places along the route each week. The first training run for the OKC Memorial session is January 2, I think.

I'll keep them in mind. I might end up running by myself here in Norman unless I find a local group.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had a bike accident last thursday, broke my nose and got a little bruised up. Today I'm resuming training. 250 burpees, 3500m rowing, plus 200 pushups and 200 squat jumps in under an hour.

The nose hasn't been bothering me much, but today will be a more rigorous test.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
PF is kicking my butt(feet, really) - but that's been no big deal for the last week, as I've been sicker than a dog. Hope to get out on the trails again by the end of the week.

Latest posts

Top Bottom