Fitness accountability thread?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Take your time on the deadlifts. Start slow and don't go too heavy. I've seen a lot of people hurt themselves over the years.

I plan on going very slow and had a guy teaching me who is very big on form. I've hurt myself enough over the years with other lifts to know the importance of easing into something new and concentrating on form for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FOG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I plan on going very slow and had a guy teaching me who is very big on form. I've hurt myself enough over the years with other lifts to know the importance of easing into something new and concentrating on form for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sumo or conventional?

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice little 4 mile run this morning. No wind at all when I started, but about 1.5 miles in it picked up and I wished I had worn something on my upper body to block it.

For those if you who are running, is there anything in particular (other than the obvious Run n Gun) that you're training for? Are you trying to keep to a specific pace, heart rate/effort levels, or just running however feels good at the time?

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice little 4 mile run this morning. No wind at all when I started, but about 1.5 miles in it picked up and I wished I had worn something on my upper body to block it.

For those if you who are running, is there anything in particular (other than the obvious Run n Gun) that you're training for? Are you trying to keep to a specific pace, heart rate/effort levels, or just running however feels good at the time?

I train for life. I try to get to an uncomfortable level anytime I exercise. I think my brain cheats me sometimes. I wish i still had teammates that I could compete with while training.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Running 5Ks for me with obstacle courses here and there as well. Training for the Memorial half marathon too. I just run how I feel. I'm competing against myself so if I walk a bit one run I'll try to walk less the next.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Post Oak Doubler the end of Feb, Brutal Goat in April, 5K and Pawnee again in July, Pecos in September, it goes on and on.....

osupoke

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ran 6 mi in the wind over some nasty hills yesterday. That wind had a bite. Did I mention how much I hate cold weather?

TK, did you ever get rid of the plantar fasciitis that was giving you trouble last summer? If so, I'd like to know if you have any suggestions for it. I fought it in my right foot for a year and a half, was pretty good for about a month after July RNG, and now I've got it in my left...

Latest posts

Top Bottom