Fitness accountability thread?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluedog46

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Heard about this on my welcome into. I am into weight lifting. Used to play both high school and then college football. I was really heavy in high school then lost weight after breaking up with a girl before I started college. discovered bodybuilding and got into pretty good shape at 217 8% bodyfat with a 365 or so bench 405 squat and 425 deadlift. All natural.

Well after school I ended up with a busy job and ended up ballooning up to over 300lbs. My heaviest was 380. I am now down to 325 and about as strong as I was midway through my journey like 315 or 320 bench. I was pretty much asked by a doctor do I want to live or die.

My goals are to get down to 270 within the next year or year and half and bench 400lbs within 2 years.

I don't diet great. I do watch how much I eat and take two protein shakes per day. I usually eat tuna and noodles or rice with chicken and salsa for one meal. Dinner with the wife is usually the least healthy of the day. it has worked so far though.

I use protein powder, creatine. Glutamine when I can afford it and same with BCAAs

jim7711

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I'll post this then:

http://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1016710059

Based on my heart rate and paces from my last couple long runs sub-3:45 for my first marathon looks doable.

This info was recorded using a Garmin Forerunner 620 with HRM (heart rate monitor, via chest strap).

Man, thats a good run! Are you training for the OKC marathon?
I'm training for OKC and also hoping for 3:45. Looks like you'll get it.

Wow you had a lot of elevation gain too!

shakyhand

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ran 4.15 mi with 25# weight vest at 12:20 min/mi today.
On 12-20-15 I ran 3.75 mi at 12:46 min/mi.
The run was much easier today than on the 20th.
I use runkeeper to track my runs, it is a phone app. I had not realized it was that long ago since I ran distance with the vest.
I have not hardly shot at all since a steel Challenge in early November and almost not at all since last winter run n gun. I have been doing some dry fire drills. Time to step it up.

FOG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its a Garmin 910xt GPS watch. The 910xt has been discontinued but they make lots of good gps watches. Most will connect to your pc which then uploads the data to Garmin Connect. Keeps track of all your run data. Its very handy. There are also other websites that you can upload data to like mapmyrun etc. There are also several apps for smartphones that will track your run and upload the data to websites, but imo nothing beats the Garmin watches.
Thanks. I have two Garmin handheld gps's and they've been great so I'm sure their watches are good too. They make alot of different models, looks like I've got some research to do.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man, thats a good run! Are you training for the OKC marathon?
I'm training for OKC and also hoping for 3:45. Looks like you'll get it.

Wow you had a lot of elevation gain too!
Yeah, I'm training for the OKC Memorial. And I want to take revenge on the Route 66 this November.

I attempted the Route 66 last November (I had zero issues in training) and ran into knee pain just before mile 2 that got worse until I had to drop out at the half.

I planned to run my long runs at about 9:00-9:15 /mile to get more time on my feet than before, but had issues running slower than I did.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man, folks hooting for sub 3:45 full marathon and I'm just hoping to beat my (barely) 3:00 HALF marathon last year. I'm hoping this crud I caught goes away so I can breathe again and get back to running. I tried Thursday but wasn't sweating and my hands were cold and clammy while jogging so I took it easy.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Heard about this on my welcome into. I am into weight lifting. Used to play both high school and then college football. I was really heavy in high school then lost weight after breaking up with a girl before I started college. discovered bodybuilding and got into pretty good shape at 217 8% bodyfat with a 365 or so bench 405 squat and 425 deadlift. All natural.

Well after school I ended up with a busy job and ended up ballooning up to over 300lbs. My heaviest was 380. I am now down to 325 and about as strong as I was midway through my journey like 315 or 320 bench. I was pretty much asked by a doctor do I want to live or die.

My goals are to get down to 270 within the next year or year and half and bench 400lbs within 2 years.

I don't diet great. I do watch how much I eat and take two protein shakes per day. I usually eat tuna and noodles or rice with chicken and salsa for one meal. Dinner with the wife is usually the least healthy of the day. it has worked so far though.

I use protein powder, creatine. Glutamine when I can afford it and same with BCAAs
Very cool. Stick with it.

I haven't posted here in awhile, been staying out of the run n gun guys way. Compared to them my shite is pretty laid back and uncomplicated= boring.

My workouts and diet doesn't really ever change much beyond maybe mixing things up at the end of long cycles- muscle confusion. Kind of boring routine and diet. Besides adding workout supplements (protein drinks, carb load/lactic acid stripping drinks) I dont really do strict diets or much cardio being on a maintenance only schedule. I do try to eat as clean as possible and as a habit only eat the really bad foods on my total off days as a luxury or reward. My body fat tho could be much lower, I just dont really care about it until spring and summer. Winter Ive always gained weight.

I lift heavy also, have since I was 15, 46 now. Addicted to it like a drug almost my entire life. My dad was a really big guy who lifted heavy weights out in our garage when I was a kid, he was an ex boxer also. I lifted bodybuilder style in my late teens thru my 30s but now it's just more power lifting style maintenance type workouts with no goals these days other than I love eating so if I didn't lift and box I would just get way too heavy at only 5'10". I usually try to stay around 250-275 these days, been bigger but never feel right when I get closer to 280 much less 300. Im an ex HW/LHW boxer and kickboxer so I still box and practice JKD/martial arts for my cardio even tho I F'n hate any type of cardio, I love boxing so that helps me stay motivated enough to go out and work the bag a few times a week. Can't do heavy squats any more due to a long time bad knee I need fixed (football, kickboxing, and squats) so I just stick to going to the gym and using machines for quads and hams, calves. I also tool around on a single speed bike in the summers. My bench isnt what it was at half my age but I do still do some super heavy single maxes at the top of my pyramids every other workout or so to gauge where my strength level still is/was. 400lb and plus benches at 26 and even 36 I got out of my system, gladly too because now at this age it's just pointless and hurts too much to lift that heavy, regularly anyways. (I'm a long time musician and artist for a living so any time off due to an injury at my age means no money being made).

To offset any injuries I've always done my regular isolation work with my synergists,etc and now it's done about every 3rd workout, seems to help as I rarely ever get an injury vs when I just stick to the bigger exercises only. Still have good healthy shoulders, back and arms at my age so that also helps. My arms, neck and calves all tape about even at 17" or so so even when I have a bit more of a gut hanging some times my core is solid.

My youngest kid has been my workout buddy since he started lifting in Jr high and he always keeps me motivated. Helped him prepare for his HS powerlifting meets in our home gym, wrestling and his amateur boxing, but now hes away in his first year of college so we only get to lift and box together when he comes home on holidays. Hes just starting training MMA style off at school along with the boxing. He was involved in wrestling and martial arts since he was 7 and loves the fighting arts as much as me. At about 6'2" x 220 or so though hes kind of lean for HW/LHW boxing and he has to work a lot harder at keeping up his weight to bang with the bigger boys. He's leaning now towards MMA. Whether he decides to box or do MMA its his decision but I'm secretly hoping he does MMA than boxing. Even tho I'm a bigger fan of boxing I love the mixed disciplines.

(Tapatalk)- on the road.

Last edited:

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Excellent day today, coming off 2 days rest. Punched a bunch of holes in the morning and ran 7 miles w 33#'s on in the evening. If I feel this good on race day I'll be happy no matter how I place.

Now I gotta be good about stretching....ugh.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very cool. Stick with it.

I haven't posted here in awhile, been staying out of the run n gun guys way. Compared to them my shite is pretty laid back and uncomplicated= boring.

My workouts and diet doesn't really ever change much beyond maybe mixing things up at the end of long cycles- muscle confusion. Kind of boring routine and diet. Besides adding workout supplements (protein drinks, carb load/lactic acid stripping drinks) I dont really do strict diets or much cardio being on a maintenance only schedule. I do try to eat as clean as possible and as a habit only eat the really bad foods on my total off days as a luxury or reward. My body fat tho could be much lower, I just dont really care about it until spring and summer. Winter Ive always gained weight.

I lift heavy also, have since I was 15, 46 now. Addicted to it like a drug almost my entire life. My dad was a really big guy who lifted heavy weights out in our garage when I was a kid, he was an ex boxer also. I lifted bodybuilder style in my late teens thru my 30s but now it's just more power lifting style maintenance type workouts with no goals these days other than I love eating so if I didn't lift and box I would just get way too heavy at only 5'10". I usually try to stay around 250-275 these days, been bigger but never feel right when I get closer to 280 much less 300. Im an ex HW/LHW boxer and kickboxer so I still box and practice JKD/martial arts for my cardio even tho I F'n hate any type of cardio, I love boxing so that helps me stay motivated enough to go out and work the bag a few times a week. Can't do heavy squats any more due to a long time bad knee I need fixed (football, kickboxing, and squats) so I just stick to going to the gym and using machines for quads and hams, calves. I also tool around on a single speed bike in the summers. My bench isnt what it was at half my age but I do still do some super heavy single maxes at the top of my pyramids every other workout or so to gauge where my strength level still is/was. 400lb and plus benches at 26 and even 36 I got out of my system, gladly too because now at this age it's just pointless and hurts too much to lift that heavy, regularly anyways. (I'm a long time musician and artist for a living so any time off due to an injury at my age means no money being made).

To offset any injuries I've always done my regular isolation work with my synergists,etc and now it's done about every 3rd workout, seems to help as I rarely ever get an injury vs when I just stick to the bigger exercises only. Still have good healthy shoulders, back and arms at my age so that also helps. My arms, neck and calves all tape about even at 17" or so so even when I have a bit more of a gut hanging some times my core is solid.

My youngest kid has been my workout buddy since he started lifting in Jr high and he always keeps me motivated. Helped him prepare for his HS powerlifting meets in our home gym, wrestling and his amateur boxing, but now hes away in his first year of college so we only get to lift and box together when he comes home on holidays. Hes just starting training MMA style off at school along with the boxing. He was involved in wrestling and martial arts since he was 7 and loves the fighting arts as much as me. At about 6'2" x 220 or so though hes kind of lean for HW/LHW boxing and he has to work a lot harder at keeping up his weight to bang with the bigger boys. He's leaning now towards MMA. Whether he decides to box or do MMA its his decision but I'm secretly hoping he does MMA than boxing. Even tho I'm a bigger fan of boxing I love the mixed disciplines.

(Tapatalk)- on the road.

I feel your pain. Broke my back in 2000 and I have had two surgeries to try to fix it. My left rotator cuff was torn when I was young from bull riding, then torn again in a car wreck later. Had knee surgery a few years ago and now I am about to go in for another. They said the only real fix is a total replacement.
I still make myself go to the gym and push myself. My power lifting days ended with the back, but I am not doing too bad for the shape I am in. The Doc told me that squats and dead lifts are out, but I still do light weight.
Getting old sucks. lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom