Fitness accountability thread?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FOG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
6 miles tonite with full gear... pretty darn tough. My diet has been horrible this week so that contributed to the suck factor.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
10 mile run today with lots of hills.

I ran this same course almost exactly 5 months ago. This time felt much easier, even though I averaged 52 seconds per mile faster than before with a much lower heart rate as well.

It's nice to be able to compare progress across past runs like this.

Your pace is incredibly consistent! I can't even come close to keeping that consistent yet.

Last edited:

jim7711

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jim that's a cool gizmo, I'm ignorant on the fitness gadgets so what is it exactly?

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Its a Garmin 910xt GPS watch. The 910xt has been discontinued but they make lots of good gps watches. Most will connect to your pc which then uploads the data to Garmin Connect. Keeps track of all your run data. Its very handy. There are also other websites that you can upload data to like mapmyrun etc. There are also several apps for smartphones that will track your run and upload the data to websites, but imo nothing beats the Garmin watches.

jim7711

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also, I have three customizable screens set up on the watch so during the run I can see my overall average pace, my current mile pace, total elevation gain, elapsed time, and time of day. oh, and my total distance.

On Garmin connect you can run custom reports that for example will tell you your total miles, elevation gain, avg pace etc for any time period you want (last year or last month). You can also keep track of how many miles you have on each pair of shoes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom