Fitness accountability thread?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jim7711

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
21 degrees here last night, but at least I got done before the snow hit. 8 miles with 40 lbs on at an 11.5 min/mi average pace. I've gone four months in training without an issue, and now a WEEK BEFORE THE MATCH I'm getting blisters popping up all over. This happened last year too - I'm pretty sure someone's laughing at me.

Wow. Thats a good run with a lot of weight. Nicely done.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always love cold and wet - not. It wasnt too bad though.
Yellow trail is pretty dry. Just a few slightly greasy spots.

Did you start from the upper parking lot?

No, I ran up lipbuster, then crossed over to pink. Got finished about 5pm, right before drizzle got heavy. Pink still has some really bad spots.

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
21 degrees here last night, but at least I got done before the snow hit. 8 miles with 40 lbs on at an 11.5 min/mi average pace. I've gone four months in training without an issue, and now a WEEK BEFORE THE MATCH I'm getting blisters popping up all over. This happened last year too - I'm pretty sure someone's laughing at me.
I'm a big fan of this stuff to help protect against blisters and chafing: http://www.amazon.com/DZ-Nuts-Viscosity-Chamois-Cream/dp/B004DR7HWA

Vaseline works well also, but it's also messy and stains, if that bothers you.

shakyhand

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow. Matt that is kicking butt, great job. My goal is to do a 3 mi with 25lbs tonight & Saturday holding a 10:30 to 11:30 pace.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You know, I started the thread I guess I should check in....

Been a bit behind on a lot of my workouts, health issues off and on and now an ingrown toenail that's infected...

Have to get back to lifting, been trying to walk and run. More than anything I have been focusing on my diet. Down 15 pounds or so since Christmas.

Sent from my SCH-R890 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom