Fitness accountability thread?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Terrible workout yesterday, im over the push/pull/legs split. Stopped mid workout and really evaluated my weaknesses and shortcomings. Im spending all of my time at the gym working on what comes to me easy, strength and size. And only a small fraction is spent towards my struggles, mobility and cardiovascular endurance. So lots of yoga, rowing, and running in my near future. I think I will go back to an excellent routine developed by a guy named Ross Enamait in his book Infinite Intensity. I am going to at least read it again and see where it takes me. Also faced the fact that without proper diet I am severely limiting my results...so that's getting modified as well.

Kind of bummed in a sense because no one likes to do what they are bad at, and everyone is drawn to and enjoys doing what they are good at. But at the same time I am excited to switch it up and I know im doing whats best for my overall goals.
I kind of have the same problem you have, only in reverse. I'm way into the cardio bit but severely lack on any type of strength training, even though I know it can help with my primary running goals. Right now I'm looking to add in some strength training after the big race.

There are a number of us around here who have lots of running experience, reach out if you need/want some guidance in that area.

Plantar Faciitis...sigh... No running for me for a while.... Yay elliptical machine....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sucks, plenty of us (myself included) have been there.

What kind of therapy (aside from the elliptical) are you planning for it?

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I That sucks, plenty of us (myself included) have been there.

What kind of therapy (aside from the elliptical) are you planning for it?

Went to the doc yesterday and got a steroid pack. I'll be doing the stretches, rolling the Coke can, and giving it time. I'll also be getting some new insoles for all my shoes.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went to the doc yesterday and got a steroid pack. I'll be doing the stretches, rolling the Coke can, and giving it time. I'll also be getting some new insoles for all my shoes.

I hope it works for you - I really do. I went through the same routine, and finally threw out the inserts, and went barefoot as much as possible, started running in sandals. PF is 80-90% better - I still stretch first thing in the morning. This time last year I could hardly walk first thing in the morning.

bluedog46

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Probably more of a bodybuilding question but anyone here try sarms or any of the andro things out there?

I currently use 10 grams of creatine a day, protein powder and as soon as I buy more ill do 10 grams of glutamine per day.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Probably more of a bodybuilding question but anyone here try sarms or any of the andro things out there?

I currently use 10 grams of creatine a day, protein powder and as soon as I buy more ill do 10 grams of glutamine per day.

Glutamine may not be necessary depending on your daily protein intake. Stick with the good ol creatine monohydrate.

be careful with that stuff. Much of the time some no name company alters a steroid in a small way then sells it legally since its not on the banned substance list...3 months later it gets added and yanked off the shelf. No research, no clue on the side effects, just gonna get you swole up from da toe up :P

I remember back in the early 2000s when superdrol was all the rage...everyone thought that because it was legal it was "okay". Superdrol was nothing more than methylated masteron (a well known steroid). Horrible for your cholesterol levels and of course greatly suppresses you natural testosterone production...and although masteron doesn't aromatize and carries no estrogenic side effects I swear a bunch of people got gyno from taking it...and it is completely possible there was more ingredients in those pills than the label claimed.

IMO the bottom line to AAS (im including these so called pro hormones) is that they are in fact BAD FOR YOU. It blew my mind when I started to discover the number of people taking them. The most mind blowing thing was that most of the people taking them were no where near what I call their genetic limit or cap on size or strength...like much of the time not even in decent shape. I concluded that most people that take AAS get addicted to a never ending rollercoaster of buffness. They spend a bunch of money on testosterone and derivatives...run their 12 week cycle...get great results...then when they lose the super hormones, (of course they didn't spend any money on a proper PCT) they get depressed from lack of intensity and loss of drive (remember how that natural testosterone gets suppressed by nearly all of these compounds) and quit working out...lay off the diet...and as a result lose 99% of what they just gained. LOL but as soon as they have enough money for another cycle HERE WE GO BABY TIME TO LOOK CUTE ON A SURF BOARD!!!

My advice would be this...don't take any of it as people can go a lot further natural than they think. If you do decide to take that road, research the piss out of anything you are considering. If theirs not much info out about it then do yourself a favor and pass. Spend an equal amount of time researching proper PCT and actually stick to it so you keep your gains.

jim7711

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For time:
400m run
45 Back Squats (135#)
400m run
30 Front Squats (115#)
400m run
15 OH Squats (45#)
400m run