Fixed blade carry ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Esee 3 at over 8" is still a pretty big pocket knife. The Tops Ferret is half that size and fits perfectly in it's sheath in my front pocket.

[Broken External Image]

otis147

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
eh, about the top 3/4" sticks out, but i can drop it lower by loosening the tether a bit. before i started regularly carrying it, i was carrying my izula the same way. still do from time to time. carried an esee 5 iwb for a day or two during a pass around. concealed just fine.

24T_missilejock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
§21-1272. Unlawful carry.
UNLAWFUL CARRY

A. It shall be unlawful for any person to carry upon or about his or her person, or in a purse or other container belonging to the person, any pistol, revolver, shotgun or rifle whether loaded or unloaded or any dagger, bowie knife, dirk knife, switchblade knife, spring-type knife, sword cane, knife having a blade which opens automatically by hand pressure applied to a button, spring, or other device in the handle of the knife, blackjack, loaded cane, billy, hand chain, metal knuckles, or any other offensive weapon, whether such weapon be concealed or unconcealed, except this section shall not prohibit:

1. The proper use of guns and knives for hunting, fishing, educational or recreational purposes;
2. The carrying or use of weapons in a manner otherwise permitted by statute or authorized by the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act;
3. The carrying, possession and use of any weapon by a peace officer or other person authorized by law to carry a weapon in the performance of official duties and in compliance with the rules of the employing agency; or
4. The carrying and use of firearms and other weapons provided in this subsection when used for the purpose of living history reenactment. For purposes of this paragraph, "living history reenactment" means depiction of historical characters, scenes, historical life or events for entertainment, education, or historical documentation through the wearing or use of period, historical, antique or vintage clothing, accessories, firearms, weapons, and other implements of the historical period.

Thats the older guidelines. Will pull up the new ones here soon.

Hmmm I carry a Kershaw Leek daily. I wonder if it's considered a "spring type"

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How are you folks carrying fixed blades? I want to but would want to carry it horizontal...I think.

I wear one nearly every day either a Moore maker or one of my customs. I wear them all in a sideways sheath. At the 11 o'clock position. Very comfortable either in a vehicle or horseback never know it's there. I wear a trapper in the same style in the same position if I don't wear a fixed blade. Ed jones from okc made a couple of my sheaths to fit his knifes had docs saddle shop in mustang make the others.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm guessing reading OK's laws that a neck knife is legal just because I don't see anything specifically banning them from what I've seen? I've been considering a neck knife for awhile, being disabled with my issues, I'm a big fan in stacking things in my favor as much as possible just because I can't fight back in a manner that I used to beforehand.

I bought a DPX HEST fixed blade original and it's a fantastic knife but too big for a neck knife for me. Would make a great knife for carrying otherwise but not on the neck. I've been considering an Esee Izula but recently saw a Fred Perrin Shark or Griffe which might be better choices. Either way I want to make sure they are legal for carry in OK?

otis147

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i've neck carried the izula, it's not too bad, been neck carrying the candiru for several months now, its a good choice too. they're releasing a new sheath after blade, so you wouldn't have to get aftermarket kydex

TheLastDaze

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No length limit from state law but various towns might have a limit. No bowies, dirks or daggers. The law is vague enough that you can never be sure. Carry at your own risk.

this.... knife laws are very vague to say the least, most leo are as unfamiliar with these laws as well so its mainly hit and miss to what is classified 'legal'...

Latest posts

Top Bottom