Florida man takes body to lawyer's office after shooting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe the law firm should add mortuary services, with a roll-up door around the back for people who bring in the dearly departed in the bed of their pickup truck --

A Lee County man who drove a dead neighbor to his attorney's office will not be arrested, his attorney, Robert Harris, said late Wednesday night.
John Marshall walked into Harris' Fort Myers law firm Wednesday claiming he had killed Ted Hubbell in self-defense in Bokeelia and brought the body with him in the bed of his pickup.
Lee County Sheriff's deputies on the scene declined to confirm whether Marshall will be arrested or not.
Marshall spent the majority of Wednesday holed up at the Harris Law Firm on Virginia Avenue.
At 10:33 p.m. Marshall, who had injuries, left his lawyer's office bound for Lee Memorial Hospital...
Marshall, told his attorney that he had wrestled the gun away from the other man and fatally shot him in the scuffle earlier in the afternoon, Harris said.
Marshall, 52, had a swollen lip, a freshly missing tooth, another tooth that is chipped and what looked like two broken thumbs, Harris said. Marshall said he brought the man to the attorney's office because he didn't know who else to trust.
Attorneys called 911 shortly after he arrived at the law firm about 4 p.m.
The two men had been in some sort of dispute over property work in Bokeelia, Harris said. Marshall had called the attorneys days before the incident saying he feared for his safety, Harris said. The lawyers said they had advised him to get a restraining order, he said.
...Harris said Marshall told him he remembers little about the fight or the roughly 30-mile drive from Bokeelia to the law offices. He called his wife, Harris said, but doesn't remember the conversation....

http://www.news-press.com/story/news/crime/2015/03/04/police-fort-myers-bokeelia-law-firm/24398177/

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We criminal defense attorneys have to deal with some strange folks sometimes.

I bet that one will make it into the law school ethics classes and continuing education seminars!

Defnestor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds kinda fishy. Crime scene tampered with, memory loss, add in possibly laying the groundwork for self-defense, and I'm skeptical.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We criminal defense attorneys have to deal with some strange folks sometimes.

I bet that one will make it into the law school ethics classes and continuing education seminars!

If one of your clients brought you a body, we'd be eating "beef jerky" on the next road trip, rather than kippered herring -I have no doubt.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Harris said he's never handled a case involving a client bringing a body with him.

"They don't teach you about this in law school. That's for sure."

Maybe not at your cut-rate* law school, but at mine, we talked about this very thing for five minutes of every class session!

* Is there such a thing anywhere in all of creation?

Latest posts

Top Bottom