Florida Officer Collapses After Being Exposed To Fentanyl

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did you read any of the information I posted above explaining how casual contact or inhalation cannot cause these reactions?
I’m literally an EMS worker who deals with this stuff on a nearly daily basis at my job.
Tell that to my friend who almost died after coming in "casual contact" with fentanyl. Had it not been for the other officers AND paramedic on scene his wife would be a widow and his children fatherless. I assure you it was not an "anxiety attack". What I witnessed was a close brush with death and very real.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Did you read any of the information I posted above explaining how casual contact or inhalation cannot cause these reactions?
I’m literally an EMS worker who deals with this stuff on a nearly daily basis at my job.
Likewise, we literally just did refresher training on this. Edit...also, how do you differentiate between fentanyl and carfentanyl if your being carefree about the fentanyl exposure? I'll just keep playing it safe and not have to worry about either.

Last edited:

Roy14

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Likewise, we literally just did refresher training on this. Edit...also, how do you differentiate between fentanyl and carfentanyl if your being carefree about the fentanyl exposure? I'll just keep playing it safe and not have to worry about either.
I’m hardly carefree, and that’s not what I’m telling anyone to be. I’m attempting to dispel notion that these viral videos are escalating because it just complicates the issues I deal with on scene. So instead of a manic episode with a racing heart and accelerated breathing, dizziness, or whatever else a person presents with, you’ll see fent have a specific effect on a patient- respiratory depression. Even mixed drugs such as foxy (fentanyl/oxy) or another combination will present with this, because the respiratory system is targeted by it. And if a patient is dyspneic or apneic, they won’t be able to act this way. I have seen mixed use drugs at times present with seizure like episodes and posturing of the limbs upon regaining respiratory function, but this is after Narcan and O2 is administered, not before. These patients usually code shortly after.
Tell that to my friend who almost died after coming in "casual contact" with fentanyl. Had it not been for the other officers AND paramedic on scene his wife would be a widow and his children fatherless. I assure you it was not an "anxiety attack". What I witnessed was a close brush with death and very real.
Did you witness your friend come into contact with this substance? If so, explain in a detailed fashion what happened.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did you witness your friend come into contact with this substance? If so, explain in a detailed fashion what happened.
Yes, I was there and witnessed it and I don't owe you a "detailed" explanation of what happened or anything more than what I've already offered for that matter. You can take my word for it or not, it makes no difference to me either way.

Roy14

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, I was there and witnessed it and I don't owe you a "detailed" explanation of what happened or anything more than what I've already offered for that matter. You can take my word for it or not, it makes no difference to me either way.
Why argue against my information if you won’t give your own personal side to back up your claims?

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why argue against my information if you won’t give your own personal side to back up your claims?
It's the new "logic". The Left has no corner on the market for emotion trumping reason.

I mean, how could a medical person have more firsthand knowledge than a cop? What are you, BLM?

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why argue against my information if you won’t give your own personal objective side to back up your claims?
Maybe because I was there and saw what happened and talked to the paramedic and ER docs afterwards and I don't know you? Just a WAG though... I'll offer this though, the guy it happened to is a combat corpsman with three tours under his belt. He most certainly did not have an anxiety attack.

Latest posts

Top Bottom