Florida Officer Collapses After Being Exposed To Fentanyl

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roy14

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So now I need to provide you an explanation for why I commenting here too? Again, I don't owe you an explanation for anything. That said I'll give you this. I was simply replying to your assertion that all these exposures aren't as dangerous as they are being reported to be. To be clear, I am not saying every contact with fentanyl comes with a significant risk, but it isn't something to be taken lightly like you imply either.

Regarding my friend who almost died after coming in contact with fentanyl. Yes, he experienced a LOT while he was deployed, but he is not suffering from PTS so please do us a favor and keep your assumptions to yourself.
I did not say it should be taken lightly. I said the viral videos that are making the rounds are largely anxiety attacks from uninformed or misinformed individuals and that this is not how the side effects of fentanyl present.

You don’t owe me an explanation, I was just pointing out how you deflect each time instead of give more detailed information about the situation that you volunteered originally. Once I asked for more detailed questions you didn’t want to explain anything to somebody you didn’t know and who didn’t deserve to hear it.

I’m not assuming he has post traumatic stress. I think there’s more to the story, the devil is in the details. What I’m saying is his combat tours do not make him a qualifier as to someone who wouldn’t have an anxiety attack. You are the one who used that to say he’s definitely not experiencing that. The majority of guys I personally know (friends and colleagues) who have seen significant combat (75th, Force Recon, etc) have dealt with PTS (along with mental crisis and acute, rare instances of anxiety that is uncommon for their normal controlled demeanor, oh and night terrors - that’s something to experience when you’re at work and the tones drop in the middle of the night), and that makes them no less of a man, or a warrior, or a veteran. I’d never attempt to downplay their service, capability, or character in that way.

Again, just give more info so I can better understand how this happened (you could have something that I can learn from and may save my life at work), or don’t. But deflection from the topic and defensive rhetoric doesn’t get anyone on this thread anywhere.

Last edited:

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I did not say it should be taken lightly. I said the viral videos that are making the rounds are largely anxiety attacks from uninformed or misinformed individuals and that this is not how the side effects of fentanyl present.

You don’t owe me an explanation, I was just pointing out how you deflect each time instead of give more detailed information about the situation that you volunteered originally. Once I asked for more detailed questions you didn’t want to explain anything to somebody you didn’t know and who didn’t deserve to hear it.

I’m not assuming he has post traumatic stress. I think there’s more to the story, the devil is in the details. What I’m saying is his combat tours do not make him a qualifier as to someone who wouldn’t have an anxiety attack. You are the one who used that to say he’s definitely not experiencing that. The majority of guys I personally know (friends and colleagues) who have seen significant combat (75th batt, Force Recon, etc) have dealt with PTS (along with mental crisis and acute, rare instances of anxiety that is uncommon for their normal controlled demeanor, oh and night terrors - that’s something to experience when you’re at work and the tones drop in the middle of the night), and that makes them no less of a man, or a warrior, or a veteran. I’d never attempt to downplay their service, capability, or character in that way.

Again, just give more info so I can better understand how this happened (you could have something that I can learn from and may save my life at work), or don’t. But deflection from the topic and defensive rhetoric doesn’t get anyone on this thread anywhere.
Yes, yes.

It's almost as if it's a personal attack on the character of the officers that are having these episodes.

And, that of course isn't what was said.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I’m not assuming he has post traumatic stress. I think there’s more to the story, the devil is in the details. What I’m saying is his combat tours do not make him a qualifier as to someone who wouldn’t have an anxiety attack. You are the one who used that to say he’s definitely not experiencing that. The majority of guys I personally know (friends and colleagues) who have seen significant combat (75th batt, Force Recon, etc) have dealt with PTS (along with mental crisis and acute, rare instances of anxiety that is uncommon for their normal controlled demeanor, oh and night terrors - that’s something to experience when you’re at work and the tones drop in the middle of the night), and that makes them no less of a man, or a warrior, or a veteran. I’d never attempt to downplay their service, capability, or character in that way.

I'm not deflecting, I'm just not providing information, online, that isn't any of your business, but go ahead and assume that too.

Have a good day and Merry Christmas...

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The information I’m trying to impress upon these guys is that which has been passed down from Medical Control and the doctors that oversee it, along with empirical evidence from toxicology reports taken of police officers after they have had exposures and “reactions”. I never said my licensure specifically grants me a seat at the table alongside medical doctors, but the knowledge I have is from those doctors, not just from my firsthand experience (though I’d imagine it’s more than most in this conversation).

As for you stating we have less potent drugs than other areas of the nation, that’s a an illogical inference based on a general assumption of more crime in those areas. OKC is where a vast majority of Mexican cartel drug shipments come to be dispelled across the nation, and dealers are not just handing out stepped on product due to less competition here as opposed to other areas.
-Actually I stated that "I suspect . . . " which is a bit different than irrefutably stating that the drugs found on the street in Tulsa or OKC is less potent.
-I am correct in that drug dealers have much more competition in a large market like LA or Atlanta than they would in Tulsa or OKC, therefore they have to provide ever an ever more potent commodity to their customers in order to 'out please' the competition. So yes, the 'street' drug Fentanyl obtained in larger markets would very definitely be more potent than what you may have experienced as a First Responder, locally.
-Many drug cartels favor OKC as a major distribution hub simply because of our highways (I-35 & I-40) which facilitates the distribution to final destinations, however the chief drug cartel here is Sinaloa.

Roy14

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
-Actually I stated that "I suspect . . . " which is a bit different than irrefutably stating that the drugs found on the street in Tulsa or OKC is less potent.
-I am correct in that drug dealers have much more competition in a large market like LA or Atlanta than they would in Tulsa or OKC, therefore they have to provide ever an ever more potent commodity to their customers in order to 'out please' the competition. So yes, the 'street' drug Fentanyl obtained in larger markets would very definitely be more potent than what you may have experienced as a First Responder, locally.
-Many drug cartels favor OKC as a major distribution hub simply because of our highways (I-35 & I-40) which facilitates the distribution to final destinations, however the chief drug cartel here is Sinaloa.
Semantics. Nothing in your post adds any measurable significance to the conversation at hand, and everyone on this thread along with every Karen on Facebook knows what you just said. Your attempted argument about localized potency and general info on distribution routes and cartel names (again, everyone knows this stuff) to counter my personal career experience and medical knowledge instructed to me by medical control along with the objective information provided from nationwide investigation into toxicology reports from affected officers does not make any specific refutation of the information I provided.

Just so everyone knows, drugs are bad, m’Kay, and don’t do fentanyl. I’ve worked dozens of OD’s (both saves and fatalities) and will be the first to say it’s the biggest player in the drug epidemic we’re facing right now.

But that does not mean you’ll have a seizure and die if you accidentally touch it.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
got out because I was injured in the line of duty I still wrote that blank check to the american people congrats on retiring could you not make it in the real world?
LOL injured in the line of doody? What's your injury? Your chair tip back and you bopped your nugget on the floor? Slipped in the sh*tter when mopping?

Apparently you aren't bright either.

Latest posts

Top Bottom