Fly fishing WV

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got to do a little fly fishing in West Virginia and must say I've had fun. I know it was only 14" but that was my biggest brown trout to date for me. My nephew missed a 22" brown trout yesterday. Since my nephew Josh had never fly fished before I hired a guide for the day to be right there with him. The guide gave us what to use and put us in "spots" to fish. Josh got some of the better spots because I told the guide to make sure he got fish and he did. We collectively caught between 50-60 trout with many misses and fish getting off. Fun fishing in West Virginia

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My 14" brown
ai4.photobucket.com_albums_y144_JCW355_100_0284.jpg

Josh's first trout on the flyrod
ai4.photobucket.com_albums_y144_JCW355_100_0287.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll bet your nephew is hooked now:D Does he live in the area?

Caught/released a 22" brown at Tanneycomo, but it was on corn... My biggest on the flyrod is a 16" rainbow. Have yet to get a brown.

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll bet your nephew is hooked now:D Does he live in the area?

Caught/released a 22" brown at Tanneycomo, but it was on corn... My biggest on the flyrod is a 16" rainbow. Have yet to get a brown.

He lives in WV about 2-3 hours away from the Elk. I had a nice bow break off, should have let him run. Not use to using smaller tippets here in WV. They use 7x and 8x quite a bit on this river.

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I want to catch a big brown so bad.

Not very many in the Lower Illinois. I've caught small ones. They had a fish kill a few years back on the LIR and many fish were lost. A guy by the name of Bill, at Bass pro, had a pic of him with a 4 lb brown from the LIR. That was before the kill. I've caught more bows than browns here but have caught 8 browns so far.

Latest posts

Top Bottom