FNH Five-Seven w/Big Clip

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+zillion

I never understood why some shooters get such a bug up their butt over using the terms "magazine" and "clip" interchangeably. Okay, it's not correct, but we all knew what he meant. What's the big deal?

-S

Its an annoyance at best, but I find that most newer shooters get up in arms about stuff like bullet/cartridge, clip/mag, etc... I still poke my shooting buddies about it if I catch it, but its all in good fun.

One thing that strikes a nerve with me is "assault rifle" when talking about non-select-fire rifles. I guess everyone has their pet peeves and this is a message board full of "gun people", so you take the good with the bad I guess :)

30BulletHoles

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You want performance out of the 5.7 you must shoot Elite Ammunition factory loads. Their Protector loads shoot over 2000 fps with 389 foot lbs. They have a link to youtube showing them shooting through a level ii vest and penetrating another 9 inches through ballistic gel at 15 feet. Not inexpensive though.:(

7.62x25 will do that easily. Not trying to poo poo on the 5.7x28.

http://www.brassfetcher.com/index_files/Page1242.htm

FAL guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One thing that strikes a nerve with me is "assault rifle" when talking about non-select-fire rifles.

A few days ago, I had the opportunity to educate a member of our local news media on why the semi-auto rifle she was holding was not an Assault Rifle. I probably said too much, but I got my point across.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So to skirt you guys getting your panties in a wad,... you would be ok with my calling them assault weapons? Since assault weapon is in reference to semi auto?

Some people just need something to cry about I guess. Why not just add everyone who disagrees with you to your ignore list? (specifically said towards EZ) :rolleyes2

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So to skirt you guys getting your panties in a wad,... you would be ok with my calling them assault weapons? Since assault weapon is in reference to semi auto?

Some people just need something to cry about I guess. Why not just add everyone who disagrees with you to your ignore list? (specifically said towards EZ) :rolleyes2

Its funny that someone PM'd me that you were talking smack and I had to click on show-post just to see this (a mistake I won't be making again).

I added you to my ignore list because you wouldn't stop PMing me with trash-talk about other members and I wasn't disagreeing with you, I just didn't want to hear it anymore because I'm not a gossiping old woman.

Thanks for drudging it up on the public forum though - that helps prove my point. Its people like you that are the reason I visit this forum less and less.

I guess some people really should shoot more and type less.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Its funny that someone PM'd me that you were talking smack and I had to click on show-post just to see this (a mistake I won't be making again).

I added you to my ignore list because you wouldn't stop PMing me with trash-talk about other members and I wasn't disagreeing with you, I just didn't want to hear it anymore because I'm not a gossiping old woman.

Thanks for drudging it up on the public forum though - that helps prove my point. Its people like you that are the reason I visit this forum less and less.

I guess some people really should shoot more and type less.

Pissy, pissy, pissy.

So... who was he talking about???? :)

Ah, I'm just kiddin'! I like you both, even though Whitey pisses me off now and then! :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom