Food Plot Basics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The no till plot behind my house in TX is coming up nicely.
IMG_0089.jpeg

IMG_0090.jpeg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dennis it looks like the chances are pretty good for a few days of good rain across the entire state beginning Tues.....we'll see.

View attachment 422528
We desperately need a heavy rain for runoff to fill the ponds that are going dry as well. The projected totals don't seem to project that, but one never knows.
I have some fescue grass seed to put out as well that is to be delivered tomorrow. Looks like it may happen in a rain suit.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We desperately need a heavy rain for runoff to fill the ponds that are going dry as well. The projected totals don't seem to project that, but one never knows.
I have some fescue grass seed to put out as well that is to be delivered tomorrow. Looks like it may happen in a rain suit.
My plots up there haven’t seen a drop of rain, and I’m sure hoping to get at least a little out of what‘s forecasted.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My plots up there haven’t seen a drop of rain, and I’m sure hoping to get at least a little out of what‘s forecasted.
My weather app is showing about .8 to .9 across the northwest part of Okla where our places are, with the caveat there is the chance for heavy rainfall. I'm keeping the fingers crossed for the heavy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom