For the "bug out" folks, when do you bug out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toehanus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I watch the Prepper shows on TV on occasion when bored.

They talk about storing food in trails, etc.

Where the fuk are you headed to? They never tell a destination.

You just leave your home and start walking to the food source, and then to the next one, and then what?

The food sources at different areas play out. Then what do you do.

If you don't know how to survive without anything other than a knife, your in trouble.

They're headed to ratings. These shows are all about getting viewers. Most people think survival will be like the road warrior where you drive around, always finding a few shotgun shells, more gas, and a can of dinky dee.

@toehanus

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When the Denali shows up your gonna get on here and let everybody know right.

Why of course! :) How much fun would it be to be stuck at the Mansion with a bunch of uptight JBTs??? Yeah ... :( I'm gonna need some "regular" folks to par-TAA with ... :woot:

When I run out of mustard and the Denali drives by with BB laughing at me out the window....

Oh no ... I'd have the driver stop and pick you up! :)

:lookaroun ESPECIALLY if your arse was hangin' out! :naughty: :rollingla

They're headed to ratings. These shows are all about getting viewers. Most people think survival will be like the road warrior where you drive around, always finding a few shotgun shells, more gas, and a can of dinky dee.

@toehanus

No kidding ... I was watching Doomsday Castle the other night and thinking how sad it was that these folks ... well ... take up precious space ... :D

toehanus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No kidding ... I was watching Doomsday Castle the other night and thinking how sad it was that these folks ... well ... take up precious space ... :D

I had wanted to catch that show...not because I thought it would be good, but more because it invoked the "lets slow down and look at the car wreck" emotion in me.

I will say that I have always kinda wanted a castle....with a moat. My wife doesn't agree.

@toehanus

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had wanted to catch that show...not because I thought it would be good, but more because it invoked the "lets slow down and look at the car wreck" emotion in me.

I will say that I have always kinda wanted a castle....with a moat. My wife doesn't agree.

@toehanus

And it was quite a spectacular car wreck!! :D It is sad that that man has left more progeny to the world than any number of sane folks. He is living proof that you do NOT have to be smart to be a self-made millionnaire (I guess that's where he's getting his money for this little adventure ... I cannot imagine a bank financing that fiasco ...) or to pro-create WAY more than you need to ... :lookaroun

Yeah, GC wants a missle silo ... :nolike: :rolleyes2 When he retires he wants to go see some missile silo somewhere ... :nolike: :rolleyes2 God help me I guess I'll go with him ... I'm already bored to death just typing it out ... :nolike: :rolleyes2

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I head out when the run on the banks start, when hyper inflation becomes evident, and gas prices double overnight. When its not to late and you can't afford to leave.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where the fuk are you headed to? They never tell a destination.

This has always been my question, and why I consider the whole "bug out" thing kind of asinine. Typically, the answer is "the mountains" or "the country". Mountains? Good luck, with little gas, and an ambush every 200 yards. The country? Yeah, I'm sure every farmer and rural dweller is going to welcome a bunch of "city folk" who will conduct a wholesale rape of their resources with open arms. Expect to be feeding the wildlife in short order, while the country boys divvy up your bug out bag.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We're putting bug out bags together but they're for any disaster, storm, tornado, lots of snow or even the beginning of the end...what ever that is. Generally they're just a bag that we grab fast and can survive for 2-3 days. Contains food, Meds, flash light, batteries, solar stuff for some power (for radio, phone, walkie talkie, etc) basic stuff to get us through a few days without normal conveniences. Where will we go!? No where, we will stay at our place. All our stuff is here and the house is still shelter. Well assuming the troubles are not a tornado that blew the house away.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We're putting bug out bags together but they're for any disaster, storm, tornado, lots of snow or even the beginning of the end...what ever that is. Generally they're just a bag that we grab fast and can survive for 2-3 days. Contains food, Meds, flash light, batteries, solar stuff for some power (for radio, phone, walkie talkie, etc) basic stuff to get us through a few days without normal conveniences. Where will we go!? No where, we will stay at our place. All our stuff is here and the house is still shelter. Well assuming the troubles are not a tornado that blew the house away.

Same here, we have 5 prettybig back pack style HUGE bags.

I have a ruger LCP stashes in all of them, and a box of rounds.

Latest posts

Top Bottom