For you harley guys...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dyabolical

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love bikes. I think they are great machines and fun to ride. With that said, I think something needs to be done about them. I was sitting at a stop light the other day with my windows down and my kids in the truck. A bike pulls up beside me and i had to roll the windows up because the exhaust was so loud it was hurting MY ears. There is no telling what it was doing to my 7 month old. And sadly this is happening more and more.

Off topic i know. Sorry. I have a small stereo in my truck, and every day there are more and more noise ordinance laws against stereos. But atleast i can turn mine down so it doesn't bother people. A bike has a volume knob, but the throttle seems to only act one way.

ColtDogg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well guys, I think you for your thoughts. I am not a Hayabusa kind of person. My Harley will speed limit just fine. I have been doing a lot of reading up on the Big Bore kits, crate motors, and such.

I would love to have the 120R. but as a few of you said, the price. about 5K for the crate, and over 3K to have them put it in and all the right parts to make it work, That is a lot of bank and hard for me to come to terms with right now.

The 110Ci was what I been thinking about for the last few months., 1600 for the kit plus labor. and I will not do that work myself. Harley got to do it to keep it covered for the next 2.5 years.
So now that is to make me think for the price, I think it will be a S.E. 103 upgrade with the 110ci cams. That will put the bike a bit under the 110 for 1/2 the price of the 110ci.

I am still a month or 2 away from doing anything so that can change at anytime.
I do thank you all for all your input on this. JB

i772.photobucket.com_albums_yy6_HK_Dogg_539428_4075618059226896addb6e2db118abce6088fd077e1c486.jpg

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well guys, I think you for your thoughts. I am not a Hayabusa kind of person. My Harley will speed limit just fine. I have been doing a lot of reading up on the Big Bore kits, crate motors, and such.

I would love to have the 120R. but as a few of you said, the price. about 5K for the crate, and over 3K to have them put it in and all the right parts to make it work, That is a lot of bank and hard for me to come to terms with right now.

The 110Ci was what I been thinking about for the last few months., 1600 for the kit plus labor. and I will not do that work myself. Harley got to do it to keep it covered for the next 2.5 years.
So now that is to make me think for the price, I think it will be a S.E. 103 upgrade with the 110ci cams. That will put the bike a bit under the 110 for 1/2 the price of the 110ci.

I am still a month or 2 away from doing anything so that can change at anytime.
I do thank you all for all your input on this. JB

i772.photobucket.com_albums_yy6_HK_Dogg_539428_4075618059226896addb6e2db118abce6088fd077e1c486.jpg

^^I like this bike. :thumb:

arshooterone

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Big bore to 103 and SE 255 cams would be a big improvement, will also need some type of programmer. I'd go with the SE Race Tuner and have your dealer dyontune. I have that setup in my 08 Electraglide Classic, and it pulls great.

Rajder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just go with the 103", not the 110". The 103" is probably the best engine Harley has ever made. The 110" has a ton of problems and while it makes good dyno numbers, it's all in the top of the RPM range. The 103's pull better from the bottom end and are much more reliable. I think they pushed it just a little too much with the 110". Too many overheating problems and blown head gaskets. If you asked this question on the HD forums I think they would tell you the same thing as well.

While I'm all about more power. I'd have to agree that when riding an HD I think going for big power is kind of pointless. Because even if you just want to match the big inch metric V-Twins you've got to spend a ton of money to get there and lose a lot of reliability. But I would definitely be upgrading that 96" though. The last guy I rode with that bought a brand new 96" couldn't even ride with us down the interstate. He kept falling behind and we had to keep slowing down so he could keep up.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is no substitute for cubic displacement. If you have a Softail, that motor won't go in. It is for a rubber mounted set up.

I have as many big bore cylinders here at the house. Ho many do you want?

If you really want to make it go, it's in the arm. Jim's flywheels, much more stroke. Don't waste your money on a pre-built motor.

Latest posts

Top Bottom