For you harley guys...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A lot of sport bike guys or non Harley riders question or criticize the quest for more horsepower in a heavy, less than agile scooter. It's sort of like adding power to a diesel pickup. You'll never keep up with a little tuner car creation, but there's no feeling quite like surging ahead in an 8000 lb truck or a 700-900 lb cycle.

There's a practical limit of power on any platform, where adding more doesn't really allow you to go faster, justs results in wheel spin or overpowers the suspension and brakes (Think 60's muscle cars). I've ridden a rigid framed chopper with an S&S 124" motor, and it handled like... a chopper- crappy low speed handling, wheel spin if I cracked the throttle more than a little bit in the lower gears, but at freeway speeds, it was a joy to ride. That's the whole point, making it a joy to ride, whether it's a scary fast and little 400 lb rocket, or a roaring 800 lb monster. It's all good.

ColtDogg, even though your warranty limits what you do and who does it, it might be worth having an indy do a dyno tune on it to optimize the gains.
RPM Performance is arguably one of the best tuners in the state. http://www.rpmperformancecycles.com/index.html

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My street glide has the 110, SE255 cams, full exhaust w/o cats, TTS Master Tune tuner. Puts about 95 to the ground. It is a blast to ride. The SE255 cams leave a little to be desired, but some Andrews 54s or Woods 555s would fix that.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had to sell my Harley when the baby was on the way. GOD I miss my Harley. I am currently begging the wife another one. It doesn't look for me though. Everyone who currently owns and rides a Harley is a lucky soul. Take it from someone who loved and lost! :brick:

ColtDogg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had to sell my Harley when the baby was on the way. GOD I miss my Harley. I am currently begging the wife another one. It doesn't look for me though. Everyone who currently owns and rides a Harley is a lucky soul. Take it from someone who loved and lost! :brick:
I know... I try to trade you my M16 for your Harley. Kinda happy u said no. I love my fatty I got.

Latest posts

Top Bottom