Form 4 "Batch Approval"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AguaFriaRanger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Howdy y'all,

I have about six cans in jail right now. The first one was purchased in April, then 4 more in early May, then another a week after that. I've heard that if you have around 5 or more in the system at once the agent will do a batch approval for you. Is this true? Will they automatically do it or should I call around the 5-6 month mark and ask about it? Appreciate any info, NFA newbie here.

Thanks

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Possible but highly unlikely. Feel free to call or not. I feel like if their answering the phones, they aren't approving forms. My last one was just over 290 days. Forget about them and it seems to go faster.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had 3 in the system at the same time, and they came in #2 first, #3 second, and #1 last....with a 4 month difference in wait time between quickest and slowest. Batch would have been nice though!

AguaFriaRanger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Possible but highly unlikely. Feel free to call or not. I feel like if their answering the phones, they aren't approving forms. My last one was just over 290 days. Forget about them and it seems to go faster.
Gah, I know it, and I felt like I was doing good, I didn't even check how many days it had been since check cashed until last week... only 107 days when I checked! It felt like I should have been a lot closer to that 210 mark.
I had 3 in the system at the same time, and they came in #2 first, #3 second, and #1 last....with a 4 month difference in wait time between quickest and slowest. Batch would have been nice though!
Noted. Hoping the 4 I did on the same day all come together at least. Also not sure they would batch all six since the first was on a SilencerShop single-shot trust whereas the other 5 are on my official family gun trust (both only have me attached to them however)

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dadgum son!! I wish I had the money to buy that many. On a side note I called the NFA number the other day and the lady that answered the phone was a hateful you know what. I guess I was inconveniencing her by making her do her job. Some people have no business answering phones.

AguaFriaRanger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dadgum son!! I wish I had the money to buy that many. On a side note I called the NFA number the other day and the lady that answered the phone was a hateful you know what. I guess I was inconveniencing her by making her do her job. Some people have no business answering phones.
I saved up for years and made a bulk purchase, .22, 9mm, 45, 7.62x39 (wolverine), and two .30 cal cans. I wanted to get a 5.56 RC2 but they were unobtainable and I wanted to get mine processing just in case so I settled for a Sandman and figure I can just put a 5.56 endcap on it. It is a bit of a bug though, still want an RC2 and thinking about experimenting with a Salvo 12 just for giggles.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saved up for years and made a bulk purchase, .22, 9mm, 45, 7.62x39 (wolverine), and two .30 cal cans. I wanted to get a 5.56 RC2 but they were unobtainable and I wanted to get mine processing just in case so I settled for a Sandman and figure I can just put a 5.56 endcap on it. It is a bit of a bug though, still want an RC2 and thinking about experimenting with a Salvo 12 just for giggles.
I would also like a salvo. I am more than likely gonna build me a 556 and .30 can as long as I am happy with the 9mm one I am waiting to get approval on as we speak.

AguaFriaRanger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would also like a salvo. I am more than likely gonna build me a 556 and .30 can as long as I am happy with the 9mm one I am waiting to get approval on as we speak.
The more I learn about the NFA world the more that Form 1 cans seem like a great thing. Once I am in a little better spot with my tools and workspace it'll probably be my main way of expanding my collection

Latest posts

Top Bottom