Franklin to Step Down as TPD Chief.. Sure Didn't Last Long Did He

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was wondering about the timing of July 31, 2024 retirement date. Tulsa votes in a new mayor this summer.? Media didn’t mention any thing about that. New Mayor,,, new Police Chief? Tulsa votes in a new mayor 08/27/2024.

Last edited:

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I believe TPD Chief is a political appointment. By the mayor? Maybe. Taking orders and guidance from that office. Tulsa County Sheriff is elected by the voters. Sherrif Vic Regelado. I like him.
So far, I do too. He seems like a decent guy and speaks his mind.
I've seen him out with his family frequenting some of the same questionable places I visit - tells me he's a regular guy. Obviously he's Hispanic, yet unafraid to speak the truth about illegals and crime.

No way in hell TPD will tolerate anyone like that being in the top position.

Reedman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kaiser golden parachute for his guy. I think the mayor, who is not a conservative, will appoint a Chief that is more gun control prone and left-leaning. Franklin surprised many with his gun-control thoughts--his replacement will be more so. Kaiser is like Soros, and he has a plan to make Tulsa even better... At least Lakin apparently isn't running, but he is still a Kaiser-voice driving the City Council.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While all the conspiracy theories sound fun, my personal feeling is that @Perplexed nailed it --- retire after 27 to a sweet private sector gig. Sounds like what I'd be looking for anyways.

Latest posts

Top Bottom