Free speech, Garland Tx.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Razur

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe we'll also have to disagree on your ability to take criticism Lurker66.
You get quoted the most because you're the most toxic!
You can have an intelligent discussion without being rude, crude, and socially unacceptable.

Having noted that, I think the attack on the cartoon contest/debate/whatever the event was just an excuse.
Radicals are looking for ANY excuse for a fight.
If it wasn't a cartoon contest, it would've been a gay wedding, a pagan festival, a bar mitzvah, whatever.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Maybe we'll also have to disagree on your ability to take criticism Lurker66.
You get quoted the most because you're the most toxic!
You can have an intelligent discussion without being rude, crude, and socially unacceptable.

Having noted that, I think the attack on the cartoon contest/debate/whatever the event was just an excuse.
Radicals are looking for ANY excuse for a fight.
If it wasn't a cartoon contest, it would've been a gay wedding, a pagan festival, a bar mitzvah, whatever.

Me take criticism??? I'm one of the most oft criticized members. I can take it.

Toxic, eh, maybe. I like to say there is 3 sides to a coin. Heads,Tails and the edge. Fact is, most times I just try to inject a different opinion to invoke some thought or debate.

Nowhere in my posts did I ever say anything pro Muslim or even that Geller and others don't have a right to express themselves.

I'm ambiguous enough to insinuate that without actually saying that. That's the art of the troll. Not all trolling is bad on forums. It keeps conversations rolling, invokes thought, encourages debate, helps form opinions ect.

I learned this from OSA's owner, JB Books. Him and RidgeHunter are my forum hero's. I'm following in their footsteps.

When you say "radical are looking for ANY excuse for a fight", I agree. But it's radicals on both sides of the fight. Gellar and her actions are just as radical as her opponents.

That's who I have issues with. Radicals, be they free speech radicals or mooslim radicals....the world is better off without either. Do you disagree?

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Chastising, yes, kinda. Its because some people hide behind rights. It reminds me of lil kids who talk tough then hide behind mommy or teacher or big brother.

No, it's because we're afraid. We are afraid of what the muslims might do if someone mocks allah.

Honestly, it's kind of sickening to seen grown men begging others to quit offending the muslims.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, it's because we're afraid. We are afraid of what the muslims might do if someone mocks allah.

Honestly, it's kind of sickening to seen grown men begging others to quit offending the muslims.

Who's begging? All I've seen is people voicing their concern for the danger that geller put innocent people in. But hey, who needs logic when we can denigrate and conflagrate....

Transmitted via Tactical Telecommunications Device

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

McVeigh was tired of the Govt offending him and the rights of others, see where that got us?

Or was he just a warped gunshow nut?

If we wanna go to war with Islam, I'm down with that. Let's head over to the middle east and kick some azz. But if we're just gonna draw caricatures to puss off a few mooslim zealots, count me out. I don't dig people who go out of their way to bully others, cause a scene, or bring harm to innocent civilians over cartoons.

We don't do it to our beloved Amish or 7th day adventist or Mormons.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How many people here like it when Americans exercise their second Amendment right by going to the gun range and sweeping you with their firearms? Who cares if it's reckless, they are exercising their right.....

I don't see the correlation - at least not beyond the fact that I'm able make my own choice whether or not to patronize the gun range with clear knowledge that I may or may not be exposed to someone else's unsafe acts just as I'm able to make my own choice whether or not to attend a free speech event with clear knowledge that I may or may not be exposed to those who violently oppose the premise of the event.

Either way I pay my dime and I take my chances. What I wonder most about is whether "we" (in the larger sense, not just those of us here) would be having the same discussion if, for instance, a contingent of armed white supremacists had shown up to confront the protestors in Baltimore. At its most fundamental level there would seem to be little difference.

Latest posts

Top Bottom