Freedom Breaks Out in Mississippi

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ohio allows carry in bars for people not consuming.

I specified social alcohol consumption because that is not the same as ingesting at home, unless you're having a party which again, guns at parties aren't good IMO either.

Last edited:

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not positive, but I think there are some states that allow CC in bars as long as the person isn't drinking. I do know in Oklahoma, you can carry into an establishment that serves alcohol as long as you don't consume and it's not the primary purpose of the establishment. Like a resteraunt, pool hall, etc...

Nevada - I believe you can even drink as long as your blood alcohol level stays low. As far as I'm aware it works fine for them.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Alaska it is prohibited to knowingly possess.
I don't consider myself a scaredy cat, but F those bears are big in Alaska! And they can't carry? I'd be buying that DE hand cannon if I was up there in the sticks

Ohio allows carry in bars for people not consuming.

I specified social alcohol consumption because that is not the same as ingesting at home, unless you're having a party which again, guns at parties aren't good IMO either.

+1 to Ohio. And I counter....what if it was a *gun party*?????? :D

Nevada - I believe you can even drink as long as your blood alcohol level stays low. As far as I'm aware it works fine for them.

Eh....I don't like the nimrods here enough to think about this without mixed emotion.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Plus, you could be all grindin' all over some chick in da club and she be all like "Whats that?" and you be all like "Whas wut sweetness?" She be all like "That!" and you be all like "Das muh cannon baybay"

And she'd be all like werrrrrd. I think carrying and attempting to "drop it low" at the same time could lead to guns hitting the dance floor.

Bwahahaha this post made my day.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only one of these I don't agree with is carrying in bars. Alcohol and firearms in a social environment can never be good. Plus, you could be all grindin' all over some chick in da club and she be all like "Whats that?" and you be all like "Whas wut sweetness?" She be all like "That!" and you be all like "Das muh cannon baybay"

And she'd be all like werrrrrd. I think carrying and attempting to "drop it low" at the same time could lead to guns hitting the dance floor. I'd need to add a holster with some type of positive retention to my holster library as none of mine currently snap or have the spring loaded trigger finger button retention like Serpa. Carrying on school campuses and in courthouses I'd be OK with. Even primary, middle, and highschools. The only people old enough to carry there likely aren't students anyway.

Maybe Virginia should allow carry on college campuses...

Gives new meaning to Pop, Lock and Drop it.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only one of these I don't agree with is carrying in bars. Alcohol and firearms in a social environment can never be good. Plus, you could be all grindin' all over some chick in da club and she be all like "Whats that?" and you be all like "Whas wut sweetness?" She be all like "That!" and you be all like "Das muh cannon baybay"

And she'd be all like werrrrrd. I think carrying and attempting to "drop it low" at the same time could lead to guns hitting the dance floor. I'd need to add a holster with some type of positive retention to my holster library as none of mine currently snap or have the spring loaded trigger finger button retention like Serpa. Carrying on school campuses and in courthouses I'd be OK with. Even primary, middle, and highschools. The only people old enough to carry there likely aren't students anyway.

ROFLMAO!

That said: None of the above is gonna happen. B'Girls got more sense than you might think.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great news! I think all the hubbub over carry on campii, in gov't buildings, and ESPECIALLY in bars is way overblown. I am sure that after de-criminalization MS will experience no increase in mayhem, as has been the experience in other states that have de-criminalized these things.

As far as bars go, I believe that they are one of the places where you are most likely to face an armed assailant. The fact that they are all gun-free zones in this state as well as in most others is an unacceptable and unabidable infringement of my rights. Do any of you think that these laws keep bad guys from carrying in a bar, any more than they keep bad guys from carrying in any other GFZ? And some of you goody two shoes who don't go go such places may not know this, but not everybody who goes to a bar goes there to get piss-in-the-closet drunk. Frequently I just go to hang out with friends, or shoot some pool, and only drink a few drinks over a few hours. Sometimes I don't even drink at all <gasp>! What you are doing by supporting prohibition of bar carry is saying that you know most people are responsible enough to do it without causing any problems, but that because SOME people wouldn't be, EVERYONE in that position should be stripped of their rights. There is only one word for that -- TYRANNY.

People should simply be held accountable for their actions. If they decide to carry and they do something stupid and infringe on the rights of others in so doing, whether it is because of alcohol, or drugs, or just pure stupidity, they should be punished proportionally, and required to reimburse anyone hurt by their actions. But the ones who actually infringe on the rights of others are the only ones who should be punished... do do anything more would ITSELF be an infringement. That's pretty basic natural rights.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
henschman said:
What you are doing by supporting prohibition of bar carry is saying that you know most people are responsible enough to do it without causing any problems, but that because SOME people wouldn't be, EVERYONE in that position should be stripped of their rights. There is only one word for that -- TYRANNY.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
:clap3: :clap3: :clap3:

Henschman's post was SPOT ON! It goes well beyond just supporting carry in a bar.

One of the best posts about the whole concept of personal freedom and the responsibility that goes with it that I've ever seen on OSA.

Latest posts

Top Bottom