Fresh from the ATF execution of EO 6

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slack

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://content.govdelivery.com/bulletins/gd/USATF-674c2b?reqfrom=share

Well the ATF is on the ball today. Not all together useful, but at least they invested as much effort as the President did:

ATF Firearms: Open Letter to All FFLs - Facilitating Transfers of Firearms between Private Individuals
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives sent this bulletin at 01/16/2013 03:01 PM EST

Open Letter to All Federal Firearms Licensees

Facilitating Transfers of Firearms between Private Individuals

The purpose of this open letter is to remind all Federal firearms licensees (FFL) of their read ability to enhance public safety and assist law enforcement by encouraging and facilitating transfers of firearms between private individuals through their businesses.

To read the entire open letter click here.

willystruck

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What happens when buyer is delayed? Do I have to leave my unpaid for gun with the FFL? What happens if buyer at that time goes elsewhere, Do I have to fill out a 4473 and wait for a delayed background check to get my property back? Sounds like a mess for the FFL IMHO

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What happens when buyer is delayed? Do I have to leave my unpaid for gun with the FFL? What happens if buyer at that time goes elsewhere, Do I have to fill out a 4473 and wait for a delayed background check to get my property back? Sounds like a mess for the FFL IMHO

Good points. Or what if its a deny? Also, you have sales tax in the picture.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Federal government needs to stay our of intrastate private transactions. But if they do manage to pull this off, wouldn't it make more sense to allow everybody to call into NICS for a proceed, rather than involving an FFL?

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you feds for reminding me of the availability of this wonderful option. Let me take this time to inform you that I will NEVER be taking advantage of it under any circumstances, and that I will continue to deal with other human beings as free individuals should -- with currency and a handshake. That is all.

Latest posts

Top Bottom