Frog Lube

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They say it's "plant based". I was looking the other day and struck out. Olive oil has some pretty unique properties, but I dunno what's in it.

I'm pretty sure the liquid form has a Group IV synthetic liquid carrier, at least according to their MSDS, so I'm not quite sure how it could be considered non-toxic. But the paste is the original formulation and seems to be the better of the two from what I can gather. But you almost gotta have the liquid for the inside of your barrel and use in the field.

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have been so busy getting ready for todays gun show that I have not checked back on this post but:
It is plant based, smells kind of like toothpaste
it ubsorbs into the metal pores and protects against organic toxins to metal and corrosive ammo is corrosive because there is salt in the primer, However I would not trust anything other than a chrome liner to protect against corrosive ammo.

It does work well against the soot that builds up in and around the chamber and around the end of the barrel

We have decided that we are only going to stock 1 oz bottles of liquid, 4 oz bottles of liquid, 4 oz tubs of paste and a kit that has 4 oz each of liquid and paste
I will get prices and pictures this evening when I go to the store for more gunshow supplies and post them here.

gsarg

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have been so busy getting ready for todays gun show that I have not checked back on this post but:
It is plant based, smells kind of like toothpaste
it ubsorbs into the metal pores and protects against organic toxins to metal and corrosive ammo is corrosive because there is salt in the primer, However I would not trust anything other than a chrome liner to protect against corrosive ammo.

It does work well against the soot that builds up in and around the chamber and around the end of the barrel

We have decided that we are only going to stock 1 oz bottles of liquid, 4 oz bottles of liquid, 4 oz tubs of paste and a kit that has 4 oz each of liquid and paste
I will get prices and pictures this evening when I go to the store for more gunshow supplies and post them here.

Group buy on the kits? :hey3:

50Shooter

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How does it compare to Gunzilla?

It is a plant based, no residue to attract dust, bonds to the metal, good in cold weather etc lube (according to the manuf).

To me, Gunzilla does not clean as good as M-Pro7 and over time it tends to get sticky (I first noticed it in AR Safeties)

50Shooter

Latest posts

Top Bottom